Requisition ID: 210869
Work Area: Solution and Product Management
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Product Manager - Path Forward Returnship
Ariba Network Product Manager - Path Forward Returnship
The Path Forward Return to Work program at SAP is a 20-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At SAP, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Ariba is the marketplace for digital business, creating frictionless exchanges between millions of buyers and suppliers in areas of procurement, financial and supply chain processes. Our market-leading solutions enable companies to simplify collaboration with their trading partners, make smarter business decisions and extend their collaborative business processes with an open technology platform. More than three and a half million companies use SAP Ariba solutions to connect and collaborate generating over two trillion of commerce on an annual basis.
Ariba® Network is the world’s largest business commerce network. SAP Ariba combines industry-leading cloud-based applications with the world's largest web-based trading community to help companies discover and collaborate with a global network of partners. Using the Ariba® Network, businesses of all sizes can connect to their trading partners anywhere, at any time from any application or device to buy, sell and manage their cash more efficiently and effectively than ever before. Companies around the world use the Ariba Network to simplify inter-enterprise commerce and enhance the results that they deliver.
The product manager will be part of SAP Ariba product and innovation group up innovating on Ariba Network product line. The team’s vision is to make every connected trading partner be a best-run company. The charter of the team is to drive value by increasing commerce opportunities, helping companies easily connect with and service their customers, providing differentiation opportunities and delivering modern user experience through innovative and intelligent technologies.
The big data and analytics services focus on driving insights through artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms using the data from all applications of SAP Ariba marketplace.
The position is fully embedded into the product management team for Ariba Network and integrates into all aspects and activities of the agile product life-cycle. The activities span a wide spectrum including product strategy definition, roadmap building, product requirement definition, design specification, user definition, all the way through testing, readiness, knowledge transfer to product implementation assistance and customer success. Overall the role ensures the product is defined for successful and profitable delivery to global customer base.
Work with people who think big and dream big; SAP Ariba is helping the world run better and improve people’s lives.
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
- Help define products and services drawing on the insights from one of the biggest B2B data stores in the world. A key trait to be successful in this role is to have a love for data and utilize it to solve critical problems and deliver end user value. You will create predictive models, extract insights from data, find patterns in financial, procurement and supply chain data, and use your analytical skills to take our business applications to the next level.
- Bring Ariba Network big data and analytics product to market by researching requirements, testing and documenting features and working with international development teams and stakeholders to deliver the product.
- Blending core product management functions with passion for AI/ML to identify and prioritize the use-case and requirements development.
- Create predictive models for various business processes like supplier risk, payment or transaction risk, relationship discovery, catalog search optimization (e.g., matching).
- Work with other data scientists and cross-functionally with product managers, engineering teams and infrastructure to deliver predictive models from concept to product and launch in marketplace globally
- Collaborate with go-to-market, commercial, marketing, services and support teams to globally launch product
- Determine the tracking necessary to enable analytics of our products and features by working closely with product and engineering partners.
- Define product roadmaps; Evaluate existing and emerging competition; Help create business cases for both internal developments, partnerships and acquisitions; Develop a clear value proposition to customers
- Orchestrate the end-to-end idea-to-close process and validate the results
- Coordinate the bundling/combination of services, software and content
- Participate in all stages of product lifecycle and maintain Master Product/release backlog
- Provide feedback regarding solution to (Chief) Product Owner and/or other stakeholders
- Perform detailed analytics of customers’ product usage and adoption
- Work closely with go-to-market and marketing groups to refine product roadmap; evaluate existing and emerging competition; help create business cases for internal or external developments
- Support key customer engagements and Services and support teams as needed and instructed
- Assisting other product managers and peers in ensuring customer and market requirements are understood and implemented by Development
- Collaborate and work with global teams across EMEA, APJ and Americas
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Computer Science
- Masters degree or MBA is preferred
- 5+ years of enterprise software product management experience
- Understand at least one, preferably more, business processes in the areas of sourcing, contract management, procure-to-pay, supply chain planning, logistics, financial settlement and payment.
- Understand some of the KPI’s (key performance indicators) in procurement, financial or supply chain space
- Great communication skills in English and preferably at least one other language
- Ability to share structured knowledge on the job and present concepts
- Ability to break down abstract problems into smaller well-defined ones and identify possible solutions
- Office automation skills (spreadsheets, presentations, word editing) are a must
- Ability to work and collaborate in a highly diverse and global environment
- Understand and work in Agile model with Engineering Scrum teams.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.