Requisition ID: 210480
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Path Forward Returnship
Commercial Operations Specialist - Path Forward Returnship
The Path Forward Return to Work program at SAP is a 20-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At SAP, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Ariba, a market leading cloud, network procurement offering is the fastest growing business for SAP serving more than 2 million companies, transacting over $2 Trillion commerce every year. SAP Ariba is enabling friction-less commerce between companies, through the exchange of direct and indirect goods and services making SAP’s vision of Run Simple, Run Real-Time and Run Networked a reality for customers.
The Commercial Operations and Strategy team is responsible for Excellence in Commercial deal support, Competitive Insights and Commercial Innovation Programs. Our goal is to lead the change and foster growth by being the Multiplier.
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
Commercial Operations Specialist will contribute and support the team’s vision to ensure the success of the Intelligent Spend Management business and drive overall Commercial Operations Excellence for SAP Ariba and the Office of the COO.
- Support the implementation of SAP Ariba’s business integration programs and related guidelines, frameworks, processes
- Perform research on competitive insights in the Spend Management businesses
- Support in the preparation of commercial innovation programs and general communication tasks using SAP`s collaboration tools
- Facilitation of daily and ad hoc operational and administrative tasks to support seamless operations
- Integrate with the members of the Global Commercial Operations team and assist in deal support opportunities
- Be an advocate of the overall Commercial Strategy and ensure alignment of internal projects to the strategy and vision
- Support of internal projects / activities as experienced subject matter expert in a process area
- Project responsibilities – definitions, rollout, enablement and training support
- 5+ years of prior working experience, thereof min. one year of experience with good understanding of key commercial deal execution processes such as deal structuring, quote, pricing, booking, etc.
- Experience in Cloud SaaS business in the B2B environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to creatively research, translate, and communicate information is required.
- Ability to define and drive topics self-dependent into action and tangible results. Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with globally distributed cross-functional teams
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.