Requisition ID: 207261
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
User Experience Designer> - Path Forward Returnship
The Path Forward Return to Work program at SAP is a 20-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At SAP, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures. SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP Customer Experience helps build trusted relationships between brands and their customers to unlock a new world of digital innovation, customer value, and sustainable growth. SAP Customer Experience brings together the portfolios and teams from the Hybris, CallidusCloud, Gigya and Coresystems acquisitions to form SAP C4/HANA, our integrated technology suite. We have a bold mission ahead and have complete support across SAP to revolutionize the front office and bring it together with our back-office through S/4HANA. Across SAP Customer Experience, being bold and winning is paramount to our culture and our people thrive in high performing teams. We seek talent who want to innovate, be disruptive, and who support mutually agreed upon goals and ambitions. As a fast-paced growth business, there are no limits to how our teams will shape the future of SAP and our industry.
EXPECTATION AND TASKS
SAP Sales Cloud User Experience Team in SAP is looking for a user experience designer with strong design skills to help us create innovative responsive product experiences to work across devices. Our team offers the place to stretch skills in new directions, gain industry experience, and an opportunity to positively impact the lives of enterprise software users around the world.
User Experience is the key to product success. Based on the requirements described by Product Management, User Experience Designers design the best possible user experience and create detailed design specifications for the target UI technology to enable the implementation of the product.
- Contribute to design topics from idea to prototype to product
- Design workflows and storyboards describing how the user would interact with desktop, web and mobile apps - turn ideas, requirements into information architecture, concrete screen flows, wireframes and visual design and rapidly iterate to finalize design.
- Actively contribute to product brainstorming, user research, interaction design and visual design sessions
- Tight collaboration with fellow interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, product managers and developers
- Work on multiple products and topics, spread across our teams in various locations
- Create design specifications to the understanding of engineers, and adapt your designs to emerging engineering constraints
- Participate in testing of products to ensure that User Experience and Visual Design expectations are met
- When needed, define and execute customer interviews which create new understandings of the work and new insights into products to support that work
- Work in a diverse and global team
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Masters degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field
- Strong understanding of design thinking principles and methodology
- Strong understanding of mobile device/web graphics techniques and production practices
- Experience in defining and creating data visualizations is highly desirable
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates a varied range of work
- Very good English language skills are a must
- Knowledge of accessibility standards a plus
- Enterprise software design experience a definite plus
- Basic understanding of database technology/terminology is advantageous
- Quick learner, capable of immersing yourself in new topics, terminology and end user tasks
- Passion for working on leading-edge projects where technology is evolving along with your product
- 2-4 years interaction design experience with web technologies and/or mobile applications
- Experience in producing information architecture, hi and low fidelity wireframes in Omnigraffle, Powerpoint, Adobe Fireworks/ Photoshop/ Illustrator etc.
- Experience in leading and delivering production ready specifications documents
- Experience in hands-on developing working prototypes in HTML 5, iOS and Android is a plus
- Experience in conducting usability tests
Candidates will be required to submit a portfolio or samples of their work as part of the application process.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.