Requisition ID: 174673
Work Area: Software-Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Purpose and Objectives
The Integrated Business Planning (IBP) Cloud Delivery department – as part of the P&I organization - is responsible for the complete life cycle management (planning, production, and operations) of SAP’s IBP Cloud Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions.
The IBP Cloud Delivery department drives and executes all required activities based on an end-to-end approach and facilitates all functions from development engagement to cloud architecture, design, production, life cycle management and other services of our productive customer landscapes.
We are looking to fill the position of a SAP Cloud DevOps Engineer in the IBP Cloud Delivery department in Bangalore.
As a member of this team you will be responsible for system and landscape operations, handling many challenging issues and projects in the newest SAP Cloud Technologies, like HANA, Fiori and Netweaver/ABAP. You’ll also be collaborating closely with IBP Product Development, Architecture, Cloud Infrastructure and Solution Management colleagues spread across various geographies.
Education and Qualification/ work Experience
- Qualification – B.Tech/M.Tech/MCA/MSc
- Work Experience – 06 months - 1.9 years
- Work Location: Bangalore, India
SAP'S Diversity Commitment
- To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
Expectations and Tasks
- Maintaining IBP Customer instances in SAP Saas Cloud landscape
- Own and handle Operation tasks like Incident Management, Change Management, System Installation, Provisioning, Life Cycle Management activities like Hotfixes/Patches and Upgrades
- Assist in the resolution of application-related problems
- Research and resolve database problems, ensuring database integrity, security, stability, and system availability
- Update systems using Software Update Manager (SUM), SPAM/SAINT tool
- Configure STMS, dump analysis, user and profile management
- Perform performance monitoring and tuning
- Support Continuity of Business
- Contribute to Root Cause Analysis
- Coordination with other support functions and team to resolve the issues in a timely manner
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in UNIX/Linux (SUSE/RHEL)
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills in English
- Understanding of Saas and Cloud offerings or products, and related processes is an advantage
- Understanding of SAP Basis administration, SAP NetWeaver is an advantage
- Understanding of SAP HANA or other Database technologies is an advantage
- Understanding of Virtualization and other Infrastructure areas like Storage and Network is an advantage
- Good to have exposure to ITIL/ITSM processes
WILLINGNESS TO WORK IN SHIFTS: 24/7 COVERAGE
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.