HR Systems Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our HR systems function as a HR Systems Analyst.
This role is to assist in the delivery of efficient HR systems including maintenance and support of existing systems, management of system security as well as support in the development and implementation of the new HR system- SuccessFactors and Expenses system Concur.
The jobholder will provide support and guidance on the use of all HR systems.
- Take ownership for the operational performance of the HR systems function including application testing, development, support and day to day maintenance including the integrity of HR data fed to secondary systems
- Configure foundation objects in SuccessFactors
- Take responsibility for HR User system security and data protection
- Review all existing database systems and take action to consolidate and decommission where possible
- Ensure correct running of all scheduled systems
- Assist with the development of new systems in line with business requirements
- Maintain production batch processing schedules
- Work on identifying areas to develop the system as well as implementing new modules and upgrades
- Bring system and digital innovation to optimise HR processes
- Assist with decommissioning of legacy systems
- Ensure data quality controls are in place and optimised
- Assist with project work as required
You will need:
- Significant experience in maintaining HR systems within a shared services environment
- Strong analytical focus
- Experience in designing test plans and managing end to end testing activities
- The ability to effectively organise workloads and think creatively when solving problems
- Experience working with payroll data and HR systems, preferably SAP SuccessFactors
- Experience of working at a similar level in this specialist area
- Comprehensive working knowledge of SuccessFactors and SAP systems (spanning HR / payroll and training aspects)
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.