Every day, thousands of people make calls or play games with one of our best-in-class headsets widely renowned for premium sound. Sennheiser Communications experiences double-digit growth, and software is a key catalyst for this. We are more than hundred engineers in Ballerup and are now looking for a Solutions Specialist. Is that you?
Area & position
Headsets for businesses have become increasingly complex solutions that include cloud, mobile and desktop services which also include support with Citrix and other thin client solutions for our headsets and software suites.
When connecting headsets through a thin client over a link to a backend, there are multiple technical challenges with the different OSs of our customers (Windows/Linux/custom made OSs). Usually we need to try, test, research and fiddle for some time to connect our headsets with the backend – and we need you to find the solutions to these challenges.
You will become part of a small Cloud, Desktop Application & Architecture team that has a broad interface to the other teams in Research & Development.
As our Solutions Specialist, you will be responsible for the specification, development and implementation of the software that runs through Citrix (or other thin clients). On a daily basis you will work with our partners, our internal Software Engineers, and our India-based test department on how to set up test systems for verifying the Citrix/Thin Client systems.
The work distribution in the team is simple: The architects know the solutions and you know Citrix and how to get it working with our headsets. Together with the architects you will make sure that we can run a lot of different software on Citrix/Thin Clients and can propose changes to the software to make it compatible with the Thin Clients’ requirements. In short, you will:
- Specify solutions that make our headset software and Citrix/Thin Clients compatible
- Lead the technical development of Citrix/Thin Client verifications
- Implement our IT infrastructure in close collaboration with our web & cloud team
- Build up and do Proof of Concepts with respect to new Citrix/Thin Client solutions
- Be the go-to-person for Citrix/Thin Client matters inside the company
Apart from this, you will work with the rest of the team on improving software development, on processing, and on build-systems.
Needless to say, we are looking for you who has a technical background from IT, programming or System Administration with some work experience with Citrix or other thin client systems and remote Windows setups. Whether you graduated recently or have a couple of years work experience is not decisive – for us it is important that you have knowledge on Citrix and a strong will to learn and a desire to find solutions to all kinds of strange matters related to thin clients. Further, it would be great if you bring:
- Strong experience with Citrix or other thin client systems and Windows/Linux based applications
- Experience with setting up and managing IT and server infrastructure
- Scripting skills and a willingness to learn scripting/programming languages
- A desire to get stuff working: “Well if that does not work, how about this?”
- Fluency in English is a must (it is our company language)
- Rather extrovert team player (you will talk and work with many people)
- You are generally interested in electronic devices, mobile applications, Cloud, Big data, and IoT and would like to work in an environment where you get in contact with these topics
Joining Sennheiser Communications
ComputerWorld has just named us best hardware company in Denmark, which is yet another recognition of the dedication and expertise that we apply when developing best-in-class audio solutions. You can expect a very dynamic work life where you meet a technically deep-seated R&D organization, an informal work culture and a people-centric manager who will help you excel in your role.
Application and contact
We review applications on an ongoing basis and close the vacancy as soon as we have found the right candidate. Start date: as soon as possible.
In case of questions regarding the job, please call Lars Nyegaard, Head of Technical Portfolio Management, on +4556180038.
Sennheiser Communications A/S, established on 1 January 2003, is a joint venture between the Danish company William Demant Holding A/S and the German company Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG. Based in Copenhagen, the joint venture develops telecommunication products for call centres, office applications and private users, and markets them worldwide. Sennheiser Communications A/S excels in state-of-the-art technologies and outstanding customer service. The joint venture draws on the experience of two companies that are both global market leaders in their respective sectors.