Job Title: 2019 Laing O’Rourke Summer & Industrial Placement Student
The Laing O’Rourke Summer & Industrial Placement Programme - what can you expect?
At Laing O’Rourke we have opportunities for Undergraduates to complete an 8-16 week placement during the summer of 2019. Our Summer Placement Scheme is the perfect place for people who are passionate about construction to achieve their ambitions. It not only gives you insights into our world-class project based business, but you could soon find you’re on your way to a challenging and rewarding career that’s full of potential. Perform well enough, and you may get a chance to join our Graduate Development Programme.
Our aim is to provide you with valuable hands on experience and to develop skills to aid you with your university education. You will be given the guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your placement, with structured training and group activities to compliment the practical abilities you’ll gain within your chosen function. We want you to make a valid contribution to the business, so in order that you develop quickly, you will be given real responsibility as early as possible.
We understand that flexibility is important to you and therefore we have designed our scheme to fit in with your summer plans. A core 6 week programme (22nd July – 30th August 2019) has been designed, in order for you to gain the most value from the scheme we ask that you are available for the duration. You can extend your placement with us before or after these dates to suit both your and the project needs, but we ask that you join us for a minimum of 8 weeks to gain the most from your placement.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for exceptional and focused undergraduates that are looking to specialise into the following areas:
- Civil Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
We are looking for the leaders of tomorrow. These are undergraduate students who meet the following criteria:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK without restrictions with a valid work permit if applicable
- You will be required to travel and possibly relocate for your rotational placements
- You must be on target to achieve a 1st Class or 2:1 degree classification
- You must be currently studying an accredited degree in your specific field
**We particularly encourage applications from first year students in order to maximise the number of summer placements that you complete before graduation**
There are 3 stages to our Summer & Industrial Placement Programme recruitment process:
- Stage 1 - Online application. Once we receive your application, this will be reviewed and if successful, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to complete stage 2 of the selection process.
- Stage 2 - Online tests. You will be required to complete a series of verbal reasoning, diagrammatical and numerical online tests. If successful, you will receive an invite to stage 3 of the selection process.
- Stage 3 - Interview. Upon successful completion of the online testing, you will be invited to complete a structured interview either on campus or at one of our project sites or offices.
Providing you are successful at the interview, you will receive a written, formal offer for the Summer/Industrial Programme. Your first summer or industrial year placement would commence in summer 2019.
We recruit for the Summer & Industrial Placement Programme on an ongoing basis until all roles are filled. We therefore encourage early applications to any of our roles for the programme.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.