Job Title: 2019 Graduate Development Programme
As a graduate you will work through a structured two and a half year programme, combining practical experience, academic learning and professional development whilst also offering you the opportunity to network with peers and personnel from all areas of our business.
The Laing O’Rourke Graduate Development Programme - what can you expect?
Diverse on-the-job experience is complemented by an engaging series of learning modules designed to provide you with an in-depth understanding of business principles whilst also exposing you to the latest industry thinking and expertise. These workshops are designed to help you develop the personal and professional skills required for project delivery excellence.
At the same time, you will follow a step-by-step process designed to fast-track you towards Chartership. Where applicable, we will initiate lateral moves across key disciplines to broaden your knowledge base and facilitate your continued professional development. As part of the Graduate Development Programme, you will be expected to work towards professional accreditation, with a relevant institution, such as the ICE, CIMA, CIPD or iMechE, with the aspiration of achieving incorporated status within three years of starting the Graduate Development Programme.
You will also benefit from an excellent salary and package of benefits which also includes a Company Car.
We are looking for graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Eligible to work in the UK with a valid work permit if applicable
- Full mobility as you may be required to relocate for your role
- Your degree classification should be 2:1 or higher
- Candidates from a non-engineering background such as mathematics, physics, operations management, supply chain management or logistics who demonstrate a passion for our industry will be considered.
Role we are currently recruiting for....
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
There are 4 stages to our Graduate Development Programme recruitment process:
- Stage 1 - Online application. Once we receive your application, this will be reviewed and if successful, you will receive an e-mail inviting you to complete stage 2 of the selection process.
- Stage 2 - Online tests. You will be required to complete a series of verbal reasoning, diagrammatical and numerical online tests. If successful, you will receive an invite to stage 3 of the selection process.
- Stage 3 – Video Interview. Upon successful completion of the online testing, you will be invited to complete a video interview. If successful at this stage, we will invite you to the final stage of the application process.
- Stage 4 - Assessment centre. You will be invited to attend an assessment centre. Your assessment will include a structured interview, a group discussion and an individual presentation exercise.
Providing you are successful at the assessment centre, you will receive a written, formal offer of employment. This will be a provisional offer that is subject to your degree classification and successful background security and reference checks.
**The Graduate Development Programme will commence in September 2019**
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.