Dixons Carphone are looking for a Data Engineer as we expand our Data capability. The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver a variety of data engineer projects from start to finish. This can range from delivering dashboards for clients such as Ofcom and Sky to deep-dive analysis on our CRM database.
This role includes defining the requirements, managing stakeholders to agree outputs, development of data feeds, data cubes/lakes, dashboards and their subsequent ongoing delivery. The Data Engineer will be expected to provide a guiding role for the wider commercial teams on what work could be achieved and proactively offer suggestions of how Data could be applied to BAU.
The Data Engineer needs to be competent communicator, explaining complex data issues and putting insight/evaluation into context of the wider marketing and commercial strategy.
- Creation of optimised customer reporting data marts
- Data wrangling, munging a wide range of dataset from Big to small
- Design and build of ETL process: ad-hoc and more automated ongoing solution
- Domain mapping and translating this into elegant data schemes
- Ad-hoc analysis e.g. post campaign analysis, pricing (simple regressions models)
- To be the contact on day to day issues for specific projects in which they are involved
- Working in an integrated, focused and clear partnership with the wider CRM and Analytics teams
You will need:
- The role requires background in data with an appropriate qualification ideally in engineering, computing or statistics.
- Proven experience in dashboard design and deployment, with experience of applying statistical methods to the underlying data. Fluent in Power BI or another visualisation SaaS.
- Highly accomplished problem solving, communication, proposal writing & presentation skills along with a customer focussed approach.
- Experience within a client and/or agency analysis role developing data driven solutions to drive business benefit with proven returns.
- Proven experience of delivering database and data projects with demonstrable stakeholder management skills.
- Multi-channel expertise and direct experience of marketing activities, ideally in CRM.
- Proven SQL skills and regular use of SQL platforms in previous roles are essential for this role.
- Proven experience in Python and R are required.
- Highly experienced in data architecture design and development.
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.