At Hyundai, you’ll be working within a fast-paced, challenging environment, where you’ll be encouraged to push boundaries and challenge convention. As a global automotive manufacturer, and one of the fastest growing, you’ll have the opportunity to work within an international business environment, and grow with the Company. We believe that the future of our organisation lies in the passion and capabilities of individual members, and commit to supporting and developing them to their full potential.
If you believe you have the experience and skills for this role, and share our passion for rethinking what's possible, and exceeding customer expectations, we warmly invite you to apply.
Training & Development Executive - Intern Placement
|Hyundai Training Academy
|Commercial Training Manager
Type of Contract:
|One Year Intern Placement
TRAINING & DEVEOPMENT EXECUTIVE - ONE YEAR INTERNSHIP - HIGH WYCOMBE
Are you a second year student and keen to prove yourself in a fast-paced business environment? Do you want real responsibility and accountability? Do you want to be involved with a variety of tasks and learn at a fast pace? Then it's time you launched your career with Hyundai Motor UK.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
In a fast-paced and constantly changing environment like ours, every day is completely different and although we can't be specific about what you'll actually be doing hour-to-hour, one thing you can be sure of is you will be getting to grips with genuine responsibility and accountability. You will learn all about your department and what it does, get stuck in and do whatever's needed to support your team.
As the Hyundai Motor UK Training Academy Intern, you will work with industry experts, creative agencies and learning specialists and be at the forefront of a number of tactical incentive programmes to drive engagement. You will provide valuable support to the team in the planning, delivery and reporting of key training and development activities.
- Management of Hyundai Advance news pages and social media channels. Collecting interesting and exciting content from around HMUK and dealer network. Increasing social media and site engagement.
- Marketing of Academy curriculums to the dealer network, working with training administrators to identify new and under subscribed courses, using Advance and HALO systems to generate bookings. To support to achieve a minimum of 75% course fill rate.
- Development, testing and maintenance of key learning technologies such as apps, iPad resources and digital workbooks
- Putting together agency briefs for various projects and working closely with agencies to sign off creative’s, tactical incentives and reward programmes to meet brand guidelines and business needs.
- Manage Hyundai Advance queries, working with our agency to ensure they are resolved in a timely manner; provide excellent customer service to Advance users.
- Taking a lead role in organising incentive events. Ensuring venues and resources meet brand requirements.
- Resource management – ensure relevant training resources are booked and managed effectively. Booking rooms, training vehicles, ordering course materials and equipment.
- Assist Commercial and Technical Training managers in producing reports for HMUK and Hyundai Motor Europe as required using Excel, powerpoint and face to face presentations.
- Assisting in the creation and redevelopment of course materials such as powerpoint presentations, ensuring brand guidelines are followed.
- Collate and deliver Assessment results to dealer staff in an effective and timely manner.
- Provide administrative cover as required
- Work with training administrators to implement and publish the dealer training calendar and maintain course library.
- Liaise with other HMUK departments to assist in the development course materials, including sales, product, Aftersales and marketing.
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Advanced PC Skills, with the ability to create spreadsheets and manipulate data
- Ability to analyse data and highlight key findings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly confidential
- Strong customer service orientation
- Team Player
Closing date for applications is Monday 7th January 2019. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly afterwards and invited to attend an Assessment centre, which will take place in February 2019.
Your actual start date will depend on your availability and the needs of the department you'll be working in. We aim to have you in place by June or July 2019, which will end the following summer. Dates will be confirmed at a later stage.
All Internship roles are based at our head office in High Wycombe and offer a salary of £17,500, and a range of benefits including 25 days holiday, a car leasing option and many more.
HOW TO APPLY
Upload your CV AND your covering letter.
Your cover letter, in no more than 100 words, should tell us “Why Me!” - Why are you the most suitable candidate for our Training Academy Intern placement?
Become part of a Global Company with a history of success and ambitious plans for the future. Please apply by creating your Candidate Profile and attaching your application documents in English.