At Hyundai, you’ll be working within a fast-paced, challenging environment, where you’ll be encouraged to push boundaries and challenge convention. As a global automotive manufacturer, and one of the fastest growing, you’ll have the opportunity to work within an international business environment, and grow with the Company. We believe that the future of our organisation lies in the passion and capabilities of individual members, and commit to supporting and developing them to their full potential.
If you believe you have the experience and skills for this role, and share our passion for rethinking what's possible, and exceeding customer expectations, we warmly invite you to apply.
Finance Assistant - Intern Placement
Operations Accounting & Campaign Manager
Type of Contract:
|One Year Intern Placement
FINANCE ASSISTANT - ONE YEAR INTERNSHIP - HIGH WYCOMBE
Are you a second year student and keen to prove yourself in a fast-paced business environment? Do you want real responsibility and accountability? Do you want to be involved with a variety of tasks and learn at a fast pace? Then it's time you launched your career with Hyundai Motor UK.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
In a fast-paced and constantly changing environment like ours, every day is completely different and although we can't be specific about what you'll actually be doing hour-to-hour, one thing you can be sure of is you will be getting to grips with genuine responsibility and accountability. You will learn all about your department and what it does, get stuck in and do whatever's needed to support your team.
As the Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to add value to this billion pound business as you build a solid foundation for your future as a financial accountant. An ambitious individual, you’ll be keen to bring forward-thinking ideas and solutions to your team.
- Processing dealer incentive payments for Affinity scheme
- Pricing of Daily Rental contracts
- Month end accruals/pre-payments journal postings
- Goods receipting over GBP 1 billion worth of vehicles
- Daily/weekly reports on key business performances to the executives
- Assist physical stocktake of new car stock and produce reconciliation between general ledger and stock report
- Assist with daily stock reports as required.
- Process vehicle shipments when due and liaise with factories or Supply/Sales departments as appropriate
- Ensure manifests are correct and in accordance with factory invoices and costing files
- Assist with customs import procedures as required
- Accurately maintain ship log
- Process Affinity claims on iNet and payment runs on a weekly
- Liaise with dealers as required and work closely with Fleet to accurately update incentive/price protection & handling fees
Pricing & Costing
- Accurately price all Direct Fleet sales
- Add in relevant basic costings to all model codes.
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing to ensure effective communication and accuracy of pricing
- Manage accruals & pre-payments and post relevant journals at each month-end
- Assist with month end/quarter end reports as required
- Gain overview of Payables, Receivables and Cash Management functions
- Assist with internal and external audits as required
- Carry out regular cost centre reviews against plan. Liaise with Business Planning team as required
- Ad hoc projects
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills
- Advanced PC Skills, with the ability to create spreadsheets and manipulate data
- Ability to analyse data and highlight key findings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly confidential
- Strong customer service orientation
- Team Player
Closing date for applications is Monday 7th January 2019. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly afterwards and invited to attend an Assessment centre, which will take place in February 2019.
Your actual start date will depend on your availability and the needs of the department you'll be working in. We aim to have you in place by June or July 2019, which will end the following summer. Dates will be confirmed at a later stage.
All Internship roles are based at our head office in High Wycombe and offer a salary of £17,500, and a range of benefits including 25 days holiday, a car leasing option and many more.
HOW TO APPLY
Upload your CV AND your covering letter.
Your cover letter, in no more than 100 words, should tell us “Why Me!” - Why are you the most suitable candidate for our Finance Intern placement?
Become part of a Global Company with a history of success and ambitious plans for the future. Please apply by creating your Candidate Profile and attaching your application documents in English.