The primary responsibility of the Slot Technician is to keep all slot machines in proper working order to minimize down time on the floor and to maximize floor space revenue. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Sands Bethlehem (the “Sands”) policies, practices, and procedures.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Certification from Technical/Trade School with concentration in electronics preferred.
- Knowledge of gaming devices and related systems or computers preferred.
- Basic understanding of electronics and electronic equipment.
- Must have working knowledge with and ability to make machines changes, updates and modifications.
- Ability to learn new technology through various media and training from new equipment vendors.
- Read, comprehend, and comply with all applicable policies, procedures and regulations.
- Read and comprehend parts manuals, schematics, and multi meters.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- Arrive for shift on time and in proper uniform.
- Repair slot machines on the Casino floor and in the slot repair shop.
- Fix all slot machine malfunctions.
- Responsible for executing conversions of machine models and denomination.
- Assist slot attendants with machines when needed.
- Repair and rebuild all mechanical and electronic slot game components.
- Attends in-house and vendor training in troubleshooting, repair of PC boards, progressive units, and test equipment with higher level Technician or Slot machine vendor.
- Circulate on the casino floor to fix any problems that occur with slot machines and redemption units.
- Keep machines clean and in proper working order.
- Works with Information Technology and Slot Marketing to troubleshoots and repair player tracking system.
- Interacts with Supervisor Slot Technician regarding day to day operation of all gaming related equipment.
- Properly use equipment, tools or systems to complete assigned tasks and complies with company safety standards.
- Develop a working knowledge of any PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and approved Sands’ standards.
- Must be knowledgeable of all player event, marketing promotions and overall property volume.
- Read and understands the Sands Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers in compliance with the Sands’ Standards of Steel customer service standards.
- Adhere to and complies with both departmental and overall property policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Casino || Full-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || SLOT OPERATIONS (180-010-0110) || SLOT OPERATIONS (180-010-0110-0110) || 3 - Technicians || SLOT OPERATIONS (180-010-0110) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 40025 || Regular || Open