The primary responsibility of the Surveillance Operator is to operate department surveillance equipment to observe, document and report all activities. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Sands Bethlehem (the “Sands”) policies, practices, and procedures.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Two (2) years’ experience in surveillance preferred.
- Strong mathematical skills are a plus.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out and implement written and oral instructions.
- Must be able to sit and observe activity utilizing Closed Circuit Television monitors for long periods of time.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- Arrive to Shift on time and in proper uniform.
- Operates department surveillance equipment within the Surveillance room.
- Observes, documents, videotapes and reports any violations of state regulations, company policies or departmental procedures.
- Observes, documents, videotapes and reports any illegal activity.
- Interacts with local, state and federal law enforcement in the investigations of criminal activity which occurs on company property.
- Reports any malfunction of the surveillance system to Shift Manager
- Maintains confidentiality of all investigations.
- Properly use equipment, tools or systems to complete assigned tasks and complies with company safety standards.
- Develop a working knowledge of any PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with PGCB and approved Sands’ standards.
- Read and understand the Sands Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers in compliance with the Sands’ Standards of Steel customer service standards.
- Adhere to and complies with both departmental and overall property policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Security || Full-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || SURVEILLANCE (180-010-0194) || SURVEILLANCE (180-010-0194-0194) || 5 - Administrative Support Workers || SURVEILLANCE (180-010-0194) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 39662 || Regular || Open