The primary responsibility of the Security Officer is to provide for the safety and protection of guests, team members, and company property. Anticipates potential problems and seeks ways to prevent disruption, injuries, and prohibited conduct from occurring on company premises. Responds to emergency situations as requested and takes appropriate steps to rectify problems and at the same time minimize hotel liability. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem (the “Sands”) policies, practices, and procedures.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Prior experience in civilian or military law enforcement, casino/hotel security, or industrial security preferred.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to investigate incidents, interview witnesses and draft legible, factual reports.
- Knowledge of general first aid and CPR preferred.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local laws pertaining to law enforcement.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- Executes emergency response and evacuation procedures as directed by the manager.
- Monitors and assists in the enforcement of casino policies and procedures, federal, state and local laws.
- Oversees the transportation and exchange of all money transactions between the cage, count room, and casino games including fills, slot drops and jackpot payouts.
- Patrols and/or periodically inspects assigned areas constantly on the lookout for undesirable persons whose presence on the property is not considered to be in the best interest of the hotel/casino management or its guests.
- Investigates all incidents, accidents, and/or events to include: taking initial report and conducting interviews with appropriate follow-up.
- Maintains a visible and accessible profile among casino guests and team members to create a sense of security, to deter potential problems, and to answer questions.
- Monitors suspicious persons in the hotel/casino, particularly those attempting to enter an unauthorized area. At the discretion of the shift manager, trespass undesirables and troublemakers.
- Serves as a public relations officer and displays such by the service rendered to guests and fellow team members.
- Completes all paperwork in accordance with Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board and approved Sands standards.
- Provides superior customer service to all internal and external customers in compliance with the Sands’ Standards of Steel customer service standards.
- Adheres to and complies with both departmental and overall property policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties as directed by management
- Arrive for shift on time and in proper uniform.
- Properly use equipment, tools or systems to complete assigned tasks and complies with company safety standards.
- Develop a working knowledge of any PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with PGCB and approved Sands’ standards.
- Read and understand the Sands Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers in compliance with the Sands’ Standards of Steel customer service standards.
- Adhere to and complies with both departmental and overall property policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Security || Full-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || [[department]] || SECURITY (180-500-5400-5400) || 9 - Service Workers || SECURITY (180-500-5400) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 37905 || Regular || Evergreen