The primary responsibility of the Cleaning I Specialist is to clean all public areas of the property as assigned and to assist guests with questions as needed. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Sands Bethlehem (the “Sands”) policies, practices, and procedures.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Cleaning, janitorial or housekeeping experience preferred
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and proper disposal methods.
- Must be able to use a vacuum and other cleaning equipment.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- bility to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to meet Specific Job Requirements and perform Position Responsibilities for this position.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to provide a service or assistance to meet the needs of a guest, client or customer.
- Ability to comply with policies and procedures of the department or section in order to complete service satisfactorily.
- Ability to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Ability to be alert to customer or client needs; to remedy or present a solution to a question, service request or service breakdown.
- Ability to undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise with or without supervision.
- Ability to be tactful and polite, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; handle all situations honestly.
- Ability to maintain standards despite pressing deadlines; to do your work right the first time.
- Ability to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures; comply with written rules or practices.
- Ability to adapt and interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds, be of service to potentially difficult people, Acknowledge the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
- Ability to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and display team spirit.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer or client needs.
Please rate the applicant's communication skills:
Please rate the applicant's grooming standards for the interview:
Please rate the applicant's technical knowledge of the job:
Please rate the applicant's work experience:
Please rate the applicant’s commitment to excellent guest service:
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Housekeeping || Full-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || [[department]] || INTERNAL MAINTENANCE (180-700-7010-7010) || 9 - Service Workers || INTERNAL MAINTENANCE (180-700-7010) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 33281 || Regular || Open