DUDLEY SPECSAVERS - OPTICAL TECHNICIAN APPRENTICESHIP
At Specsavers, we’re always looking to the future- which is where people like you come in.
Our Apprenticeship scheme gives people of all ages the chance to boost their existing skillset and kickstart an exciting new career as part of a forward-thinking business, all whilst earning a full-time wage.
We are currently looking for individuals who are enthusiastic about working in a lab environment and would like to pursue a career in optics. Day-to-day, you’ll help us out by producing customer orders from scratch, interpreting optical prescriptions and drawings, correcting faults and re-assembling glasses, carrying out testing and adjustments, as well as preparing and maintaining materials and equipment. You’ll also make sure that you are producing the highest quality assured product.
Who is this Apprenticeship for?
· Recent school/college leavers OR those looking for a new challenge
· Individuals with both GSCE Maths and English at Grade C/4 or above, or an equivalent level qualification
· Individuals who have lived in the EU for 3 years or more, with the right to work in the UK
What does the role involve?
· Processing optical orders
· Carrying out testing and adjustments
· Interpreting optical prescriptions and drawings
· Preparing and maintaining materials
· Correcting faults and re-assembling glasses
What will you gain?
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning that will lead to a nationally recognised qualification. At the end of your time as an apprentice, you’ll be a fully-fledged Level 3 Optical Technician. Over the course of 24 months with us, you’ll:
· Earn a salary (c. £200.00 per week)
· Gain valuable work experience in a full-time role
· Receive comprehensive and structured training, supported by a qualified assessor
· Learn transferable as well as job-specific skills
· Become part of a team working towards a common goal
· Be entitled to paid holidays
On top of everything we have to offer our apprentices, we’re just as happy to learn from you too! In this role, a head full of ideas will certainly come in handy and could make a real difference to how we do things right across the business. With us, you’ll always have the opportunity to make a difference. Even though we’re a relatively large company, the entrepreneurial spirit that got us off the ground is still at the heart of everything we do.
Ready to kickstart your career with a company that will support you to be the best you can be? For more detailed information about the Specsavers Apprenticeship programme, please click the link below.
Before applying, please check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis.
It’s essential that you haven’t previously worked in an Optical Laboratory. Before applying, please check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis. If you have any questions, please speak to a member of the Recruitment Administration & Support Service Team on 01566 771 888.
This store is an accredited Platinum Employer, which means you can expect an exceptional employee experience every single day you work here. The Platinum Employer Scheme is part of our drive to become a famous place to work and stores with this accreditation have been verified on five key employer standards – Recruitment, Performance Management and Reward, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
This vacancy will close once we have filled all available assessment places. We therefore highly recommend early applications.