COWI North America is a leading bridge, tunnel and marine engineering consulting group built on over 85 years of international experience. We provide our clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to the most complex engineering challenges worldwide from our various North American offices. COWI's 6,600 person global organization is involved in more than 14,000 projects across 124 countries.
Our civil, structural and geotechnical engineering specialists work on some of the world's most prestigious and challenging projects. COWI continues to push the boundaries of what is technically possible, from designing the world’s deepest and longest subsea tunnel, engineering the world's longest lateral bridge slide, to creating marine resiliency for our waterfront communities.
We are seeking a Proposal Specialist/Coordinator to join our team in North Vancouver, BC.
The incumbent will work closely with Marketing and Business Development staff throughout North America to facilitate and maintain a winning, productive and cohesive Business Development & Marketing effort throughout North America. He/she will assist in the development of winning proposals that support the company's growth objectives and, in addition, participate in day-to-day marketing and business development responsibilities including pursuits and visibility efforts.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- As part of a proposal team, responds to RFPs, RFQs, EOIs, award submittals, roster applications, etc.;
- Coordinates the complete lifecycle of a proposal response from intake of the RFP and qualification of the opportunity through to submission;
- Assists with coordinating firm-wide proposal resources to meet proposal production deadlines;
- Prepares, coordinates and develops non-technical writing for proposal efforts;
- Creates and maintains marketing materials, including but not limited to resumes, project descriptions, presentations, technical press releases, brochures, etc.;
- Provides input on the final preparation of marketing materials including reviewing, proofreading, editing, etc.;
- Updates the CRM database to track pursuits, proposals and client content;
- Assists with the coordination of capture planning efforts;
- Assists with the tracking of pursuits;
- Collaborates with the proposal team to enforce approved styles and templates and improve and maintain best practices for the proposal process; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field with prefered relevant experience of 2 - 8 years' in a professional services firm, preferably in the A/E/C industry, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Proficiency in relevant programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suites, Adobe Creative Suites, InDesign and Client Relationship Management (CRM) Databases;
- Thorough knowledge of proposal development and production processes including ability to organize, write and edit proposal content;
- Strong writing, editing and grammar skills;
- Excellent communication, organization and attention to detail;
- Enthusiastic attitude and strong work ethic;
- Dynamic and assertive personality with a proven ability to interact and collaborate with strong personalities;
- Proactive team player mindset and flexibility to take on assignments and responsibilities;
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills combined with an ability to work in a fast paced environment; and
- Experience with Deltek Vision an asset.
At COWI North America, you can look forward to a challenging role that will push you outside of your comfort zone and elevate your career to new heights. Our staff come from a multitude of backgrounds; their bridge, marine and tunneling expertise spans the globe. COWI is a place for collaboration with some high-caliber professionals and the opportunity to learn from the best. Besides an extraordinary collection of talented colleagues, you will also have the chance to be involved in some very high-profile work on world-renowned international projects that will test your skills and abilities as a professional. COWI is proud to reward top talent; the benefits of working for COWI include extensive opportunities for growth and development, excellent benefits, competitive compensation and various other perks.
COWI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.