Would you like to join an innovative organisation that is experiencing exceptional year on year growth by increasing their market and product service offerings? How about a business that has a £2bn turnover with successful operations in 10 countries? Or the largest privately owned optical group in the world?
Specsavers are all of those things and we’re looking for a Cost Manager to work across our retail store network. This is a brand new role due to the continued growth and expansion of our retail estate. This role would suit a commercially astute individual who has had exposure to fit out and small works projects within a retail environment.
We have in excess of 800 stores in the UK and we have a Business Development function working to identify and maximise commercial opportunities to grow our business through our estate, and this role will have overall responsibility for the strategic management of contractors and consultant’s costs with the aim to minimise overall project costs and enhance value for money whilst still achieving the required standards and quality associated with our shop fitting works.
Key duties will include:
- To provide leadership and practical support to the Project Management team in driving best practice across all aspects of cost management across projects
- To develop and manage an in-house cost database
- Act as a coach and mentor to other team members delivering specific individual and team development
- Provide the team with strategic cost management support such as cost modelling to support project budget setting
- Deliver transparent procurement exercises across the supply chain to ensure best value is achieved Support the Programme manager in maximizing the performance of external suppliers through effective contract management
- Value engineer the project specification to deliver cost savings across the project lifecycle
- Support individual projects where specialist cost management support is required
- Provide cost benchmarking to demonstrate Specsavers value and market trends
- Develop a communication strategy to support and highlight the Business Development activity in managing costs and delivering best value for our Joint Venture Partners
Skills & qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to drive and support change management amongst peers
- RICS Quantity Surveying degree with RICS membership
- Experience in retail or leisure environments, ideally on the client-side
- Experience of direct client communications (dealing with Joint Venture or Franchise partners)
- IT literate with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
- Excellent negotiation skills at all levels
- Team working and working remotely / independently
- Experienced in setting and managing project budgets, quantity surveying / cost control skills
- Flexible working practices
- Current driving licence valid in the UK
Specsavers remains the number one optical retailer in the UK and continues to grow each year but we don’t like to rest on our laurels. In recent years, we’ve introduced and rapidly expanded our audiology services, opened hundreds of stores in new international territories and taken our services out to the homes of those unable to access our stores. We never sit still and our consistent growth means we’re always interested in taking on new, talented people. There’s never been a better time to join the Specsavers journey.