Specsavers is an exciting, fast moving, innovative organisation experiencing exceptional year on year growth. With a turnover of £2.6bn and successful operations in 10 countries, we are the largest privately owned optical business in the world. We have an ambitious expansion and growth plans that continue to generate a variety of inspiring and demanding change initiatives. Together with our partners, our purpose is to passionately provide best value optometry, audiology and other healthcare services to everybody, simply, clearly and consistently, exceeding customer expectations every time.
Our vision is to be the fastest growing, most innovative, trusted and dynamic consumer healthcare business.
As a result, we’re adding to our team. If you’re an energetic and professional Data Developer who is looking to work for a great organisation, this is a fantastic opportunity.
The Data Developer works as part of the Global Data team to convert business requirements into business solutions. You will migrate & transform data, creating views that can be utilised across the organisation. You will facilitate the use of data within the data team as well as allowing the benefits of data to be liberated across the organisation and within our digital transformation.
- As a Data Developer, your primary focus will be data, the integrity of data and the security of data. You will be instrumental in the design/build of Data Migration, Data Transformation and other Data Services artefacts, as well as repeat unit testing, continuous development as well as continual testing, validation and reconciliation, defect triage, logging and resolution, also conducting detailed and effective data discovery analysis.
- You will maintain changing low-level documentation as part of continuous development around ETL, Synthetisation and other data-related tasks.
- You will follow the established Data Quality & Data Governance approaches as relevant to the project/effort you are performing, as well as providing clear and concise information to interested stakeholders and the projects engaged with.
- You champion agile methodologies and commit to performing role within the recognised Specsavers behaviours
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in some or all of the following tools & programming languages MapR, Job Scheduling (Oozie), Python, Spark, Apache Drill, MapR Tool Kit and Unix (Basic)
- Good technical ability and understanding of how databases work, as well as the use of development software and programming languages (usually SQL) to develop tools to extract, transform and load data, as well as to document the creation of these tools.
- Proficient capability to understand business processes in detail, to apply knowledge and acquire more, in order to understand and create requirements, apply them to a tool design and execute its build.
- Excellent communication skills as you will need to discuss technical principles and business processes in simple language to people at all levels.
Based in Whiteley near Fareham, we offer you a challenging Data Developer position with excellent opportunities along with great benefits such as bonus, profit share, private healthcare, private dental, life assurance, permanent health insurance and an array of other benefits. You are guaranteed to work with an experienced team where you can develop your skills, experience and knowledge.
Specsavers is an exciting and growing business. We’re looking for a talented and Data Developer eager for the opportunity and freedom to make their contribution.
It's going to be an exciting journey - and you could be part of it.