inScience Communications is a brand of Springer Healthcare, a leading full service medical communications agency, which forms part of Springer Nature, the world's largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world's highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. With more than 40 years' experience working with the pharmaceutical industry, we are specialists in delivering innovative medical content and services across a wide range of communication platforms.
The Medical Writer prepares scientific content of medical communications that satisfy client needs in terms of quality, commercial focus, timing and cost.
- Write and edit scientific content for a range of medical communications, according to client needs, deadline, budget and internal quality standards, as directed by the Scientific Services Team Leader
- Contribute to account plans, strategic publication plans and publication programs, where appropriate, by maintaining current awareness of developments in therapeutic area or discipline and the Springer Healthcare product portfolio.
- Monitor own adherence to budget and utilization rate
- Support team working principles within the business unit, account team and other departments and collaboration between business units by attending team and editorial meetings/tutorials
- Record and monitor actual time spent on a project against budgeted time, and complete timesheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Present to clients the results of activities, when required, e.g. publication plans, results of competitive intelligence reports, and to contribute to client brainstorming meetings.
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you.
Note: Flexible work arrangements are available.
- At least one (1) year in as a writer for a medical communication agency or as an internal medical communications writer for a pharmaceutical, healthcare, clinical research, academic research or publishing company
- Degree in Life Science or pharmacy, pharmacology or medicine (or equivalent); PhD, PharmD or MD
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite and referencing software (ie, Endnote, Refman, etc.)
Springer Nature is a leading global research, educational and professional publisher, home to an array of respected and trusted brands providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services.
Springer Nature is the world’s largest academic book publisher, publisher of the world’s highest impact journals and a pioneer in the field of open research. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of approximately EUR 1.5 billion. Springer Nature was formed in 2015 through the merger of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Visit our web site at www.insciencecommunications.com or www.springerhealthcare.com.
Springer Healthcare is a part of Springer Nature. Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster: