RedNova Learning, part of Macmillan Education, produces English as a foreign language (EFL) materials for students and teachers in Latin America, East Asia, and the Middle East.
The Senior Managing Editor takes responsibility for editorial processes for print and digital publishing from developed manuscript to publication to ensure that the material is of the highest quality, and is delivered on schedule and within budget. This role also provides line management to Managing Editors and Editorial Coordinators, guiding them on their projects and is responsible for resource allocation, working with the Editorial Manager.
- Work on an agreed number of projects at a senior level, ensuring that all materials are of the appropriate quality and alert the Editorial/Publishing Manager to any issues that arise, as appropriate
- Contribute to the development strategy for company systems and products from an Editorial Services perspective on an on-going basis
- Look for ways to improve workflows, project development and delivery; implement continuous improvement across operational areas to improve standards
- To work with the Editorial/Publishing Managers on developing/delivering training and support
- Provide line management support to Managing Editors and Editorial Coordinators
- Collaborate with the Project Manager, Managing Editor, Editorial/Publishing Managers and Publishing to ensure all pre-approval and approved projects are adequately resourced to ensure delivery of high-quality material to agreed deadlines
- Ensure best practice is created and sustained across projects and workflows, acting as an advocate within their team for those best practices
- Oversee the work of suppliers and freelancers, working with the Managing Editors to monitor costs and quality of work and to feed back to the Editorial/Publishing Manager
Skills, experience, and qualifications
- Knowledge of ELT and/or educational publishing processes and best practices for both print and digital products
- Competent with widely-used office applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, iWork or Google for Work)
- Flexible approach and the ability to adapt to changing environments
- Ability to manage own workload and to set and manage team priorities
- Self-starter, able to identify and work to own standards and achievement levels
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong organizational and editorial skills
- A recognized ELT/EFL qualification and/or teaching experience would be an advantage
Please upload your current CV with a cover letter when applying..
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
For more information, visit our website at http://www.rednovalearning.com.
RedNovaLearning Inc. is part of Springer Nature.Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: