Career Opportunities: Buyer (22369)
JPR ID 22369 - Posted 02/06/2018 - USA/Canada - Sheboygan - Logistics and Supply Chain - Permanent - Full Time
||Buyer - Position Location TBD
|Business Unit / VP
|Position to which it reports
||Purchasing Operations Leader USA/CAN
||The Buyer is responsible for supporting the plant operations and the regional warehouses to avoid downtime or emergencies. Support cost saving initiatives driven by the strategic team and local plants.
• Support all aspects related to the purchase of components, goods, and services used at Nemak in North America.
• Provide design and cost for all expendable and returnable packaging for plants.
• Maintain and support all customer prototype quotes and prototype sourcing.
• Negotiate with suppliers
• Maintain and support all service part quotes/FRQs and approved price list.
• Submit new and revised component specifications and drawings to vendor via formal Nemak process and follow-up with vendors to ensure their timely response.
• Source on time and to target, driving annual cost savings activities and development and implementation of plant and regional commodity strategies.
• Interact with many cross-functional teams such as Engineering, MP&L, Management, and Finance.
• Place all Spot Buy/Service POs
• Capex PO's <$50k
• Repairs (Internal and External)
• Warehouse Category PO's
• Attend Operation meetings and cost meetings
• Maintain open pod's list to ensure on-time delivery of all pod's
• Support warehouse on min/max adjustments to ensure adequate inventory levels.
• Operational KPIs: On-time Delivery, Stock outs, PO processing efficiency
||• Bachelor's Degree; business administration, supply chain management, or related field.
||• Prefer a minimum of one year of purchasing production or indirect buying experience
• Relationship building, cost analysis, negotiation (both internal and external), Benchmarking, time management and presentations to all levels of management
||• Fluent with Microsoft Office
• SAP Experience preferred
||• Strong communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to think and act strategically
|Local / global candidates