The primary responsibility of the Table Games’ Dealer (Entry Level) is to deal assigned table games while providing a superior gaming experience in a friendly environment. Assigned game must be dealt at the proper game pace and within all approved procedures including the proper paying and taking of wagers bet, in order to maximize company revenue. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Sands Bethlehem (“the Sands”) policies, practices, and procedures.
- Deals table games assigned, in a proficient and speedy manner to be able to deal between 55 hands or 45 spins per hour.
- Provides courteous service and is cordial to all patrons and team members.
- Shuffles cards in a timely manner, ensuring a thorough mix of cards in compliance with casino standards, as well as controlling the pace of the game.
- Pays and takes winning and losing wagers according to company policy.
- Verifies and signs fills, credits, and associated documents.
- Passes on all pertinent information to relieving dealers and supervisors.
- Issues chips to customers for either cash buy-ins or credit in accordance with company policy.
- Maintains control of shoe, cards, dice and float; always keeping visual contact.
- Informs the table games Floor Supervisor of all irregularities including suspicious guest activity.
- Paces games, taking into account the type of action and ability of players keeping the speed of the game at the most efficient rate possible.
- Verifies accuracy when signing all paperwork.
- Accepts cash buy-ins and performs drop of cash according to company policy.
- Complies with all appropriate Sands policies and procedures and gaming regulations.
- Must be able to handle chips, silver, dice and individual cards, and deal from a shoe or out of hand in a proficient manner.
- For Craps’ Games only, dealer can perform function of Stickperson.
- Properly use equipment, tools or systems to complete assigned tasks and complies with company safety standards.
- Develop a working knowledge of any PGCB rules, regulations and Internal Controls applicable to your position.
- Complete all paperwork in accordance with PGCB and approved Sands’ standards.
- Read and understand the Sands Compulsive and Problem Gambling Plan with regards to how to conduct business in this position and specifically the regulations prohibiting service to minors and/or intoxicated persons.
- Provide superior customer service to all internal and external customers in compliance with the Sands’ Standards of Steel customer service standards.
- Adhere to and complies with both departmental and overall property policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- 18 years of age, proof of authorization/eligibility to work in the United States.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion utilizing English; both in oral and written form.
- Interpersonal skills with focused attention on guest needs to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance adhering to the Sands appearance standards.
- Maintain consistent adherence to the Sands Customer Service Standards (Standards of Steel).
- Must be able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Specific Position Requirements:
- Must be enrolled in or have obtained a Table Games dealing certificate through a Dealer training facility approved by the PGCB.
- Must be able to pass an audition for at least 2 games, one of which must be Blackjack.
- Must show proof of enrollment or a dealing certification from a Dealer training facility during the interview process.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR Certification.
- Must be familiar with methods of game cheating.
- Ability to calculate mathematical equations i.e. adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing without a calculator or paper.
- Ability to follow directions with minimal supervision.
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property.
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors, outdoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift or carry a minimum of 20 pounds, unassisted, in the performance of specific tasks assigned.
- Ability to work with others, communicate well, receive direction; review your own work.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward work and interface with guests in a friendly and polite manner.
- Ability to address stressful situations with clients with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Must be able to work with others, communicate well and receive direction when needed to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Must be able to qualify for, apply for and obtain a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board license if required.
- Ability to meet Specific Job Requirements and perform Position Responsibilities for this position.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to provide a service or assistance to meet the needs of a guest, client or customer.
- Ability to comply with policies and procedures of the department or section in order to complete service satisfactorily.
- Ability to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Ability to be alert to customer or client needs; to remedy or present a solution to a question, service request or service breakdown.
- Ability to undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise with or without supervision.
- Ability to be tactful and polite, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; handle all situations honestly.
- Ability to maintain standards despite pressing deadlines; to do your work right the first time.
- Ability to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures; comply with written rules or practices.
- Ability to adapt and interact with people who have different values, cultures, or backgrounds, be of service to potentially difficult people, Acknowledge the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
- Ability to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and display team spirit.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer or client needs.
Midi Baccarat Score:
Mini Baccarat Score:
Pai Gow Poker Score:
Pai Gow Tiles Score:
Posting Notes: || Pennsylvania || Bethlehem || United States || Casino || Full-Time || SANDS BETHWORKS GAMING LLC || [[department]] || TABLEGAMES (180-010-0100-0100) || 9 - Service Workers || TABLEGAMES (180-010-0100) || Sands Bethlehem Pennsylvania || 22229 || Regular || Evergreen