Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Project Emergency Response (m/f)
in Quelimane, Derre district in Mozambique
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with a contract duration until June 30, 2018. The place of work will be the city of Quelimane, in Zambezia province, with frequent travel to Derre district.
The project is financed by DFID and will be carried out in consortium with World Vision (lead) as well as in close cooperation with government authorities. As Head of Project 'Emergency Response' you are mainly responsible for seed distribution, food distribution via E-Vouchers (Mastercard) or for direct cash transfers (methodology will be confirmed by October 2017) amongst vulnerable households in Derre district, Zambezia province, Mozambique.
- Representation of Welthungerhilfe and close coordination of the project concept and planned activities with the consortium lead (World Vision) as well as with local decision makers
- Establishment of a new location and opening a new WHH project office in Derre District
- Recruit project staff and thus arrange and manage a qualified project team
- Responsible for beneficiary targeting and selection each month (monthly, gradual increase of beneficiaries)
- Implement seed distribution and food distribution via E-Vouchers (Mastercard) or Cash Transfers (in the process of being determined) in a timely manner
- Implement post distribution monitoring
- Responsible for financial and narrative reporting to World Vision and internally
- Documentation of experience and lessons learned with Mastercard/Mobile cash transfer and LMMS beneficiary identification
- A university or polytechnical degree or qualification in the areas of emergency aid, agriculture or other relevant qualification
- Several years of project and leadership experience in the supervision, including financial management, of emergency aid measures of international (aid) organisations
- Extensive professional experience in the humanitarian context, especially in the management of food/seed distribution and cash transfer projects
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel and work in areas with difficult living conditions (lack of infrastructure)
- Experience with post distribution monitoring
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Very good level of spoken and good level of written Portuguese (working language)
- Good level of written and spoken English (reporting language)
- Experience with DFID-financed projects is an advantage
- Experience with LMMS beneficiary registration and/ or Mastercard (or other E-Voucher Systems) and/or direct cash transfer is an advantage
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. Disabled persons will be considered preferentially in the event of equal qualification.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by September 30, 2017 at the latest. Please consider that this is an ongoing recruitment process, which means that the position can be filled before end of application due date! Your contact person is Ina Stepka.