As an Degree Apprentice in our ID team at Dixons Carphone, you’ll help to ensure that technology is both available and affordable to everyone who needs it. But you won’t just connect customers to all-important technology. You’ll also kick-start your career, earn money and learn new skills while you develop as a professional and make life happen with us – Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer.
As part of our four-year Degree Apprenticeship Programme, you’ll you will work in exciting across the ID function learning to become a DevOps Engineer. Throughout the 4 years you will build your experience and be given more and more accountability developing all the skills, knowledge and behaviour to be successful in the role.
This will include:
- Provide application support for high availability, resilient and low latency application for iD Mobile customers.
- Support applications running on the iD Mobile stack
- Fix issues as they arise, where not possible devise mitigation strategy to keep services running
- Maintain and extend the CI/CD pipeline used for application deployment.
- Write and maintain documentation about the applications and services
- Provide 3rd / 4th line support to the Operations department for systems which have been deployed.
- Develop, maintain and enhance automaton tools for service deployment, service patching and service security.
- Provide application support for mobile services to end users.
- Devise and model multi-site service topology, it's dependencies and interactions for automated life-cycle application deployment.
What’s more, you’ll even have the chance to complete the Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeshi. But you won’t do it alone. With the support from your management team and our learning partner, you’ll have everything you need to reach your full potential, earn money and work toward your degree. This is a big commitment as you will be studying towards a degree at the same time as working in a full time role. Although you will be given time within your daily role you will have to complete assignments and coursework in your own time as well as complete exams.
What does it take to succeed here? Ideally some experience within a Digital or IT role. In order to set you up for success you will need to have a prior related qualification. So if you have a passion for people and technology, great communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a drive and determination you could be the perfect fit. So, go on. Join us and make life happen.
With a £18,500 starting salary that has significant increases after your first and second year of your apprenticeship, you truly will earn while you learn.
GCSE A-C in Maths and English or equivalent