Market Insight analyst
[[London - North Acton]]
Dixons Carphone are looking for a Market Insight Analyst, who will play a key part in shaping the strategic direction within the customer, product and market strategy of the business. The Market Insight Analyst will support the development of the Dixons Carphone customer and product strategies through analysing the market share positions across all major products, competitors and locations, generating market share reports and supporting product teams with insight on competitive position of their products.
• Build a close working relationship with the GFK team
• Build a full understanding of the methodology of market share reporting
• Build relationships with internal product, pricing and commercial teams
• Build close relationships with the internal BI team and work in close collaboration with them to productionise the market share reports.
• Work with the product teams to develop and maintain product hierarchy and work with GFK to ensure that the report structure and granularity meet the business needs.
• Build periodic market share reports using data structuring, modelling and visualisation techniques.
• Generate ad hoc market share analyses and thought leadership for individual products and brands; work with product teams to educate them on the key drivers of changes in the size of the market and market shares of Dixons Carphone and its competitors.
• Collate and analyse complex business and commercial information from internal and external sources.
• Support planning workshops and post implementation reviews
• Support and train users on using the reporting dashboards and realising value from market share insights
• Support commercial buying team with range planning through GFK Market Insights
You will need:
• To be able to think strategically
• Ability to find, analyse and triangulate all sources of data available
• Ability to analyse complex problems and deliver insightful and practical solutions
• Ability to communicate those insights in a clear, concise manner both verbal and in writing
• Exquisite attention to detail to ensure zero defect in analysis
• Self-starter with initiative, drive and tenacity
• Good organisational and time management skills
• Strong academic record including a bachelors degree from a leading University
• Experience with building ETL routines, use SQL, Business Objects
• Experience with using visualisation tools: Power BI (preferred), Tableau, QlikView
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.