The Category Manager carries responsibility for the commercial performance of their category through the delivery of market leading ranging, pricing and product selection
The commercial team set the direction for the business - aligning across multiple functions including Commercial Marketing, Buying, Supply Chain, Connectivity, Finance, Retail, Online, OLS and Direct.
You will be expected to lead commercial discussions through the Commercial Team, and beyond, to deliver your category agenda and commercial targets
The Sim Free category is a key growth opportunity for the Mobiles commercial team and you will be responsible for driving this agenda – including the development and launch of new Financing and bundled propositions. You will be responsible for the Sim Free category in Carphone and Currys.
• Define and brief the category strategy across all channels
• Be accountable for category performance including a deep understanding of market share for key devices and opportunities to drive priorities
• Deliver commercial KPIs
• Support the development the annual and quarterly trading plan for the category
• Liaise with Buying to drive decisions around ranging and sign off the planograms for the category
• Liaise with Proposition Development team to fully align and understand key performance drivers
• Work with the relevant channel trading teams (across Online, DCL, Retail and Direct) to understand key performance metrics and agree on weekly priorities
• Drive the weekly nominations preparation process, ensuring alignment with the category priorities, and briefing Marketing in the nominations meeting
• Liaise with Marketing to ensure delivery of the nominated campaigns and ensuring they are strong enough to deliver the category targets and plan
You Will Need:
• Experience in a fast paced retail industry (ideally telecoms or electricals)
• Product or channel marketing process experience
• Good negotiation and influencing skills
• Strong communication and relationship management skills with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong analytical and numerical skills – can process complex data, draw actionable conclusions and communicate the output simply
• Commercial acumen and financial awareness
• Team management and leadership
• Strong user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.