Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings is seeking a self-motivated, inquisitive professional with credit and/or other public finance experience for the Housing team in Public Finance. The candidate should also have strong quantitative analysis skills to conduct and support on-going research efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct research and projects related to the municipal housing industry;
- Formulate rating recommendations and supporting rationale for public finance housing credit, other asset and/or cash flow based committees;
- Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data;
- Perform detailed analysis of financial statements and cash flow statements;
- Communicate ratings decisions through written research;
- Ensure the consistent, thorough and transparent application of rating criteria;
- Assist in/contribute to writing topical reports on industry trends;
- Maintain various databases.
- 5 to 10 years’ financial/credit analysis experience in the municipal housing and/or related structured finance sectors preferred;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Power Point and standard business software.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp