Career Opportunities: Finance Business Partner - Consumer Finance (20334)
Vacancy Reference Number 20334 - Posted 06/25/2019 - United Kingdom - Finance
Finance Business Partner- Consumer Finance
We are looking for a Finance Business Partner for our Consumer Finance business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join a company that’s embarking upon a significant transformation. Consumer Finance is a key strategic focus area for the company and the business unit has significant growth aspirations.
The job holder will business partner the Commercial team and BNP Paribas to drive business performance and deliver against agreed targets. You will independently advise and challenge the business area, communicate financial performance and use your financial and business insight to drive business outcomes.
- Communicate financial performance to internal and external stakeholders explaining variances to target and provide insight to enhance decision making
- Challenge business performance through reviewing and interpreting financial metrics
- Drive value through identification, development and exploitation of business opportunities
- Ensure risks and opportunities are identified and mitigated where required with visibility provided to management in a timely manner
- Sign off of financial plans for the Consumer Finance area (budget, outlooks, etc)
- Produce business cases for investments to support business growth
- Process development to ensure that financial reporting and processes are fit for purpose
- Liaise with the wider Finance team to ensure alignment on financial modelling, reporting and budgeting, leveraging the Finance Centres of Excellence effectively
You will need:
- A strong academic background (to Degree level)
- A recognised Accounting Qualification (ACA/ ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)- this role would suit a qualified accountant with at least 1-2 years commericial experience
- Strong commercial acumen, using insight and experience to make balanced and effective decisions
- Experience within a consumer/ retail setting is highly desirable
- Solid stakeholder management skills with an ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – able to explain complex issues in a clear and transparent manner
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.