Career Opportunities: Project Manager - Business Change (20333)
Vacancy Reference Number 20333 - Posted 06/26/2019 - United Kingdom - Change and Transformation
Project Manager - Business Change
Dixons Carphone are going through an exciting period of transformation and change after welcoming our new CEO last year. We are now looking for a Project Manager to join our Transformation Office and lead in the delivery of strategic transformation projects. You will ensure the successful delivery of the change agenda through the definition, design and delivery of a change project, within a wider programme or portfolio of change. You will work in partnership with the business, finance and IT, and wider Group functions to understand their requirements for change and support their delivery.
- Play a key role in delivering company wider transformation through delivery of key projects within the Transformation roadmap, managing interdependencies and delivering continuous business improvement. Projects may be standalone, or part of large scale programmes reporting into Programme Director or Programme Manager
- Lead and deliver change through the application of ‘best in class’ project and change management skills
- Accountable for the end to end delivery of key project(s) across all workstreams (IT, Change, Process etc) from initiation to close down, ensuring that desired outcomes are achieved (and benefits realised)
- Own project deliverables (such as the plan and budget) across the project lifecycle and applies appropriate methodologies to support the achievement of wider project aims and objectives
- Establish and sustain an effective governance framework to ensure the appropriate level of oversight and control is in place across their project
- Own project reporting, management of risks and issues, and management of dependencies, linking to the business wide transformation plan
- Lead the project team, comprising of business change and wider business resources to successfully deliver required outcomes
- Own project stakeholder relationships and engage the business more broadly with project communications and change interventions to ensure that the project lands successfully
- Support the business sponsor, Head of Delivery and relevant Programme Leadership (Programme Director/ Manager) to translate strategic intents into clear project deliverables and ensure successful delivery of the project
- Co-ordinate the definition of scope and delivery of detailed business requirements in collaboration with Business Analysts through collaboration with the business, IT and other 3rd parties
- Supports wider functional activities within the Transformation team such a methodology development, recruitment and other team management activities
- Act as a brand ambassador for the Transformation function
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong background of Project Delivery within a fast-paced, large-scale organization.
- Experienced in leading complex transformation projects from end-to-end in multiple different business units.
- Proven experience of establishing and sustaining an effective project governance framework.
- Experienced in owning large project budgets
- Excellent Stakeholder Management skills.
- Experienced in leading business change project teams, including 3rd party teams.
- Advanced Change Management skills.
- Proven experience of managing 3rd party vendor relationships.
- Retail or Telco industry background is preferable, as is experience with a leading professional services firm/consultancy.