RedNova Learning, part of Macmillan Education, produces English as a foreign language (EFL) materials for students and teachers in Latin America, East Asia, and the Middle East.
The role of the Development Editor works within a publishing project team and has day-to-day responsibility for content development from initial writing brief to publication, ensuring that all material is of an appropriate quality and fully aligned to the publishing vision of the Commissioning Editor and Publisher. The Development Editor may also commission ancillary items under the guidance of the Commissioning or Senior Development Editor. The role involves extensive cross-functional liaison with the content production and content delivery teams to create material which meets the needs of the key audience and is published on schedule and within budget.
- Understand specific market needs and the publishing vision in the context of the publishing plan and business needs
- Work the Commissioning Editor and / or Senior Development Editor to prepare author briefs for specific projects, in light of market research
- Understand contract terms and budget for external contributors, ensuring correct procedures are followed, and understand the financial implications of making changes
- Take responsibility for overseeing external content creators to ensure work meets the required standard
- Provide feedback to authors/contributors, suggesting appropriate action to ensure content meets the brief, with the support of the Commissioning Editor / Senior Development Editor where necessary
- Alert the project team to any content development issues to ensure delivery is on time and within budget
- Attend audio recordings, video/photo shoots and photo selection meetings to ensure outputs adhere to the brief / project specification
- Create artwork, design and digital specification briefs, as well as style sheets, page plans and asset briefs and deal with overmatter (print and digital), commenting on issues and feeding back appropriately
- Any other duties that can reasonably be expected of you
Experience, skills, and qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; ELT/TEFL qualification
- Demonstrable ELT/EFL teaching experience, preferably in a secondary/adult setting
- Knowledge of ELT markets and segments
- Excellent written English and knowledge of a second language
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and to manage numerous tasks
- Well organized with superior interpersonal, communication, and team-working skills
- Understanding of content management systems, publishing technologies, and web publishing (HTML, CSS, XML, etc.)
- Experience working with a range of new media and digital projects
- Publishing background, ideally in ELT
Please submit your application by August 11, 2017.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
For more information, visit our website at http://www.rednovalearning.com.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: