London - North Acton
We are looking for a talented Underwriter to join the team here at Dixons Carphone. Playing a key part in driving the first line compliance and business plans that deliver real results and improvements.
Working closely with the Head of Underwriting to identify Gaps and opportunities, helping to deliver a compliant, regulatory pricing structure.
• Assist Head of Underwriting lead Services activity regarding underwriting analytics, including:
o Lifetime value analyses through use of historic performance data
o Profitability, frequency and severity trends by product line
o Risk profiles by development month to understand how risk evolves during the product life cycle
o Profitability projections of products
o Use f analysis to set recommended ‘wholesale’ pricing of products for incorporating in overall product pricing to the end consumer
o Work closely with the Commercial Services product owners to help balance commercial and customer objectives during the product design process
o Reconciling Underwriting and Finance data and reports.
• Manage production of business cases and investment appraisal including presentations Services senior management
• Preparation of a 3 year business plan to accompany all pricing proposals in line with Solvency II requirements including, but not limited to:
o Projected Gross Premium
o Projected capital requirement
o Scenario stress testing
o Selectin and drafting of suitable policy wordings from within the Underwriters’ standard portfolio of covers.
• Help determine optimal product structures for the future Insurance/CSA book, balancing capital, tax and regulatory requirements
• Advanced commercial awareness and appreciation of customer service needs
• Insurance/Warranty underwriting essential in order to bring credible business acumen to inform planning and decision-making
• Expert ability to lead and work within a leadership team
• Expert level XL and Access skills, analytical skills, understanding business context
• Being able to manage multiple tasks/ projects simultaneously within short time scales
• Advanced MS Excel & MS Office skills (pivot tables, Lookups, Macros etc)
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.