An exciting opportunity for a Category Manager 1 to join the Freestanding Cooking and Range cooker Categories within the White Goods team. CPCW are the market leader for this category so therefore the Category Manager has a strong voice in product development and trading strategy for a number of the company’s biggest supplier partners including Hotpoint, Beko, Zanussi and Rangemaster. Someone highly skilled in relationship management is a must with a high level of engagement with stakeholders at all levels across a wide number of business functions. The nature of this category needs frequent interaction to deliver the category strategy with the sourcing team, services team (credit and D&I) and online and operations teams.
As with any Category Manager role a deep understanding of the customer is required to make sure our proposition delivers to and exceeds the customers’ expectations. Average Retail Price is key KPI, as this is one of the most expensive products that we range, so using creative ideas and initiatives to showcase Amazing Technology both in-store and online is key.
The Category Manager reports directly into the Head of Category and has a direct report ACM1 who they will be responsible for their performance and development.
• Establish credible relationships with global brands including Samsung, Whirlpool, Bosch and LG to ensure the best range, cost, and go to market execution for our customers.
• Design, develop and bring to market a range of own brand products creating a range compelling architecture across own brand and licenced brands
• Be aware of market activity and continually using this information to ensure that the category is performing
• Work side by side with the merchandisers to ensure all metrics are hit across sales and stock
• Develop innovative marketing plans to secure supplier investment so as to bring technological developments to life, supporting category growth
• Provide feedback and challenge on the commercial processes to ensure that we continually make improvements to better deliver for our customers
• Contribute to projects within the Commercial team and the wider Dixons Retail Group
You will have:
• Good numerical and analytical skills to be capable of monitoring market changes, competitor prices and products, and past sales patterns to forecast demand
• Highly developed negotiation and influencing skills to enable successful negotiations with suppliers
• Precise judgment and strong decision-making skills to enable the right actions for the category
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of presenting within senior forums
• Strong working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.