We are looking for a Finance Analyst to join our FP&A team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a recently qualified Accountant to join a company that’s embarking upon a significant transformation. The job holder will be pivotal in driving effective working capital management and capital investment of Dixons Carphone UK&I and Group.
The role will help drive continuous improvements in reporting and decision making to support effective capital management. This role will operate cross functionally to deliver first class management reporting and forecasting for the business.
- Prepare weekly cash forecasts for DC UK&I and make recommendations to maximise cash management
- Produce the management reporting of working Capital and CAPEX across DC UK&I- ensure all variances to plan are understood and explained
- Identify risk & opportunities to cash flow targets and help manage action plans as appropriate
- Review and challenge the cash forecasts for the International businesses
- Calculate Return on Capital Employed, working capital rations and other key metrics to help explain business performance
- Support the preparation of the 3-year plan/ budgets/ STFs/ monthly outlooks for balance sheets, cash flows and key metrics
- Challenge the business to ensure that capital projects are well tested in advance of sign off, and ensure all submission requirements have been fulfilled
- Ensure the decision makers (ExCo) have visibility of results of previous CAPEX requests that pertain to certain areas of the business
- Support the TMO with finance-related queries
- Assist with post investment reviews and summarise key learnings for ExCo
- Budget and reforecast the annual Capital programme
You will need:
- A strong academic background (to Degree level)
- A recognised Accounting Qualification (ACA/ ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)- this role would suit a recently qualified or part-qualified accountant
- Experience within a consumer/ retail setting is highly desirable
- Solid stakeholder management skills with an ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.