COWI North America is a leading bridge, tunnel and marine engineering consulting group built on over 85 years of international experience. We provide our clients with innovative and sustainable solutions to the most complex engineering challenges worldwide from our 11 North American offices. COWI's 6,600 person global organization is involved in more than 14,000 projects across 124 countries.
Our civil, structural and geotechnical engineering specialists work on some of the world's most prestigious and challenging projects. COWI continues to push the boundaries of what is technically possible, from designing the world’s deepest and longest subsea tunnel, engineering the world's longest lateral bridge slide, to creating marine resiliency for our waterfront communities.
We are seeking a Junior Bridge Engineer to join our team in Seattle, WA.
Under the guidance of professional engineers, the incumbent will be assisting a highly professional team that provides consulting, project management and detailed engineering expertise on numerous bridge design projects.
The incumbent will be expected to advance through developmental stages beginning at the entry level of professional work under close supervision while receiving specific and detailed instructions as to required tasks and results expected. The incumbent will progress to a stage where he/she will receive instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions; assistance is furnished on unusual problems and is reviewed for application of sound professional judgement. The incumbent will perform work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
Assigned tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Prepares plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates;
- Solves engineering problems and challenges;
- Prepares documents such as technical specifications;
- Liaises with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects;
- Prepares engineering reports and other technical documents;
- Conducts site inspections from time-to-time; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Master's degree in Structural Engineering or higher;
- Registration as an Engineer-in-Training in home province or state, or ability to obtain;
- Actively participates in professional associations;
- Ability and willingness to learn;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team;
- Strong attention to details;
- Good judgement and decision making skills;
- Superior planning and organizational skills combined with the ability to work well under pressure on multiple deadlines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the proficient use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Power Point);
- Familiarity with various structural analysis software programs;
- Ability to work with staff located remotely; and
- Ability and willingness to travel.
**Please apply with a cover letter, resume and your transcripts.
At COWI North America, you can look forward to a challenging role that will push you outside of your comfort zone and elevate your career to new heights. Our staff come from a multitude of backgrounds; their bridge, marine and tunneling expertise spans the globe. COWI is a place for collaboration with some high-caliber professionals and the opportunity to learn from the best. Besides an extraordinary collection of talented colleagues, you will also have the chance to be involved in some very high-profile work on world-renowned international projects that will test your skills and abilities as a professional. COWI is proud to reward top talent; the benefits of working for COWI include extensive opportunities for growth and development, health benefits, 401k with up to 5% match, competitive compensation and various other perks.
COWI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, COWI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.