If you are looking to further your professional career in an innovative sector, as part of a highly qualified team where collective talent comes together, Almirall could provide you the perfect opportunity.
The Global Market Access & Operational Pricing Head leads, executes and manages the Global Market Access and Operational Pricing Strategy for our complete product portfolio with special emphasis on prescription drugs & self treatment products.
He/She will work in close collaboration with Global functions (such as New Product Planning, Clinical, Regulatory, Medical, Commercial) and local operations to ensure the effective execution of market access and pricing initiatives. Reporting to the Executive VP of Global Commercial Strategy, the successful candidate will lead the vibrant Market Access team at Headquarters.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Set the strategic direction and drive the implementation of activities and programmes to ensure optimal pricing, reimbursement and formulary access for products primarily in Europe and the US markets.
- Drive the pricing strategy for product providing recommendations to optimize pricing and profitability across global markets.
- Devise and recommend necessary HEOR programmes to support the above strategies and engage the appropriate internal and external stakeholders to facilitate pricing, reimbursement and market uptake.
- Provide market access evaluations in support of business development opportunities.
- Valuation of discretionary or obligatory impact arising from any change of reimbursement status or price level of products marketed by the company and its partners in all key territories.
- The position is expected to work very closely with the local affiliates, Global Marketing and Medical Affairs and other relevant functions, playing an active role in shaping the commercial product portfolio strategy and ensuring optimal pricing and access across Europe, the US and other international markets.
- University degree in Life Sciences or Business; MBA desirable.
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Capable of working in a fast moving corporate environment.
- Flexibility and ability to work across country boundaries & cultures.
- Effective presentation and communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and creativity.
- Self confidence.
- Fluent level of English both oral and written.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the healthcare industry and/or related consulting firms.
- 5 years experience in Market Access and HEOR on an international scale and a proven track record of direct interaction with agencies in key European markets.
- Experience in managing high value added products and the launch of innovative medicines with substantial payer implication.
- 5 years experience managing direct and transversal teams in matrix organizations.
If you are interested in this job offer, please apply below.
In Almirall we are committed to diversity by recognizing talent and providing opportunities for all employees present across Europe, as well as in the US.