Career Opportunities: Product Owner (18694)
Vacancy Reference Number 18694 - Posted 02/06/2019 - United Kingdom - Commercial
[[London - North Acton]]
The Multiplay team, part of the Dixons Carphone eCommerce department, are passionate about helping customers find the best broadband & TV package. A Product Owner in Multiplay is responsible for the entire product lifecycle, driving improved customer experiences and satisfaction. They have accountability for the product and offering a strong value proposition to customers while aligning to portfolio level milestones. The Product Owner works alongside an Agile squad to define user stories and prioritise the product backlog to deliver features that align with strategic program or portfolio direction. The Product Owner is also the only person on the team who has the authority to decide if a backlog item has been delivered satisfactorily. They must ensure transparency of the backlog to the squad and key stakeholders.
Responsible for representing the ‘voice of the customer’ throughout the delivery lifecycle by bringing knowledge of the Product, its domain, its vision and its users to the Business and Delivery Teams
Specific responsibilities include;
- Ensure the outputs of the scrum teams deliver customer value and meet relevant business needs.
- Manage the product roadmap and prioritisation of the team backlog through balancing business and technical requirements.
- Ensure the Product Backlog is transparent and clearly communicated to both the development squad as well as key stakeholders.
- Define and accept user stories and participate in all squad ceremonies
- Make fast product decisions to provide clarification and direction for the team.
- Develop the business roll-out plan with support from the business readiness team & coordinate releases
- Ensure alignment with the portfolio level milestones
- Understands technical details of User Stories
KPIs and measures of success will include
- Maximising ROI through prioritisation of the product backlog
- Delivery of excellent customer experiences (assessed appropriately using surveys, Adobe Analytics Google Analytics, NPS etc)
- Customer satisfaction improvements
- Experience and knowledge of Product Management and Product Design
- Ideally experience of working within an agile team including user story mapping, user story writing, requirements gathering / engineering and backlog prioritisation and grooming
- Knowledge of Agile development, Scrum, XP and Kanban
- Passion for the customer and drive to provide customers with a best in class experience and able to apply that to a customer-centric product design
- An understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and the deployment process
- Comfortable using analytics and other customer engagement metrics to enable data-driven decision making about the product
- Clear communicator who is able to liaise with stakeholders across the business to facilitate development of the product and delivery of desired commercial outcomes
- Interest in major industry trends and ability to understand if and how this may affect a product and respond accordingly
- Experience roadmap planning and ability to align with portfolio level roadmap and milestones
- Understanding of digital technologies and architecture as well as business change management
- Knowledge of marketing and able to apply that in a strategic way for maximum ROI
- Good commercial awareness, analytical, judgment and decision-making skills
- Can work independently and manage your own time