Career Opportunities: Communications & Engagement Lead (GDPR/Data Management) (18690)
Vacancy Reference Number 18690 - Posted 04/10/2019 - United Kingdom - Change and Transformation
Communications & Engagement Lead (GDPR/Data Management)
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
You will be joining our new Data Management function. The DMF is responsible for supporting the management of data assets for UK&I business.
As Communications & Engagement Lead, you will report into the Head of Data Management with a primary focus of educating the organisation on GDPR best practices.
- Create a sustained communications and engagement plan with the view of ensuring GDPR compliance is met and tracked
- Define and execute stakeholder management strategies, including stakeholder assessment and relationship management/engagement
- Define, and execute, innovative activities to embed change including culture and behaviour change such as immersive engagement events and workshops
- Build close relationships with the Digital & Cyber Awareness Manager (InfoSec) to ensure the strategies are aligned and a coordinated plan is in place
- Imbibe the Dixons Carphone culture and develop a full understanding of the goals and align this with the requirements of GDPR compliance.
Your Skills & Experience
- A background in corporate communications, preferably within a similar sized organisation to DC
- Deep understanding of change and communications trends, emerging practices, digital communications, and an ability to promote innovative ideas and solutions
- Previous experience working in GDPR Change Management projects
- Entrepreneurial skills in terms of innovation and problem solving are key along with tenacity, tough-mindedness and ability to influence and demonstrate change
- Ability to develop communications in a range of media, including written, graphic, web, social media and face to face channels.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive salary + bonus plan
- Pension & Sharesave Scheme
- Free onsite gym & relaxation rooms at North Acton HQ
- Range of healthcare options
- Childcare vouchers / Give as You Earn
- Free Life Assurance
- Employee discount and exclusive colleague deals
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.