Career Opportunities: Product and Commercial Manager - Mobile Insurance (18653)
Vacancy Reference Number 18653 - Posted 02/11/2019 - United Kingdom - Commercial
Product & Commercial Manager - Mobile Insurance
As a Product and Commercial Manager, you will support the growth and development our Mobile Insurance business. You’ll support the Senior Product & Commercial Manager in meeting our ambitious revenue targets and maintaining our large customer base by developing exceptional customer journeys across Retail, Online. Experience of Financial Services or Insurance is desirable but a can-do attitude and resilience are a must!
- Support the management of the Mobile Insurance product portfolios through analytics of customer base for the Mobile Insurance book (+-1m customers)
- Assist in the creation of annual budgets, short term forecasts at P&L level and reporting against these metrics on a weekly and periodic basis
- Monitor Insurance performance across sales channels and categories, specifically from a premium and margin perspective
- Work closely with the Performance Team, Finance and Underwriters to review the performance of the scheme
- Be the point of contact at project level for new initiatives and work streams
- Work cross functionally across UK&I Services, Product Innovation and Commercial Development, Financial services, Claim & Repairs, to ‘connect and embed’ the offer into all departments, ensuring end to end delivery into BAU operation
- Produce and maintain plans for delivery for all initiatives and work streams
- Be responsible for continuous improvement and profit optimisation
- Work with the Performance and Finance teams to build and manage business cases to ensure they are robustly developed to deliver the optimum commercial performance.
- Work with other business stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers to ensure end to end customer journey is being correctly managed and delivers the required outcome
- Work with the Service operations team to ensure that products are being set up on the system (i.e. IMACS)
- Brief and supervise marketing in the production of literature to including briefing, sign-off and distribution of printed literature and ensure the business communicates the proposition effectively at point of sale and online
- Monitor market and regulatory activity and use this information to ensure that the Mobile Insurance products offered are best in class
You will need:
- Strong commercial acumen, with good analytical skills
- Driving performance through commercial/category management trading
- Excellent understanding of customer facing execution of financial services propositions
- Capable of writing reports and presenting to management as well as liaising with other employees and functions
- Systems requirements, good Excel Word & PowerPoint skills. Experience using Business Objects or other data mining tools
- Experience working within a Financial Services organisation, FMCG or retailer
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.