Career Opportunities: Product Manager (18342)
Vacancy Reference Number 18342 - Posted 02/11/2019 - United Kingdom - Commercial
[[London - North Acton]]
As a Product Owner you will be working within the Assisted Sales Team, responsible for developing the mobile assisted sales tools used by retail colleagues. You will play a key role in further enhancing our existing assisted sales capability, responding to the needs of our customers in an ever-changing market and continuing to support colleagues in delivering a truly world class experience.
- Owning end to end delivery of iterative product enhancements, encompassing all aspects of technical deployment, colleague engagement and channel launch activities
- Seeking out customer, colleague and commercial insight to inform future product and journey design
- Working in partnership with the Retail Leadership Team to drive improved levels of colleague adoption and engagement
- Collaboration with the Customer Journey, Commercial Proposition and Pricing teams, to ensure our assisted sales tools support and complements our go-to-market plan
- Stakeholder engagement at all levels ensuring stakeholders are consulted, informed and aligned on future product enhancements
- Partner with the relevant internal CPW functions (e.g. L&D, Communications, Online and Retail Channels) to ensure optimised delivery and engagement with existing and new product functionality
- Working within an agile product team to define and document business requirements for future backlog items
- Partnering with the design lead to provide SME knowledge to inform product UX/UI design
- Work with the product team on prioritisation, triage and sizing of new backlog items
- Promote SAFe agile methodologies and collaborative ways of working with development teams
- Commercially focused with a keen eye on the measurable success of each deliverable
- Work with Project Managers to align digital portfolio, prepare and participate in PI Planning to maintain programme vision, product vision and epic vision
- Review and approve user stories completed by the development team in a sprint against acceptance criteria and user experience objectives
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong teamwork, relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent analytical thinking skills, being able to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Strong UX / voice of the customer skills
- Great attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- A minimum 12 months experience working in the mobile industry
- Certified SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager.
- Lean-Agile Mindset
- Experience of managing digital products within a large organisation
- Sound financial skills including the ability to write business cases, determine ROI
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.