Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Purpose of the role
We are in search for an Infrastructure Engineer who will be responsible for the delivery of the group production services which include Active Directory, SharePoint, Office 365, Azure services as well as Email and collaboration services for a user base more than 30k colleagues in multiple locations. Based in a small internal team of technology experts, the role will require extensive experience of working with Active Directory and other Microsoft based products.
- The technical management of issues with partners and vendors
- Accountable for continual Service improvement
- End-to-end delivery and support of Infrastructure
- Overseeing projects with a goal to improving or expanding the current infrastructure.
- Implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and training plans for productivity services administration and appropriate use.
- Technical support of the operational service and technical project delivery supporting Business and IT Projects
- Operational supplier engagement- raising support tickets with Microsoft/ other suppliers and working with them to get operational issues resolved
- Problem analysis, resolution and troubleshooting including engagement with Incident and Problem Management processes
- Understanding of operational automation and optimization using scripting
- assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant), make recommendations, and execute them as required.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to deliver production services
- Being part of the 24x7 on-call shift rota to provide around the clock platform support
- Serve as third level of contact for complex end-user support issues for internal or external customers
- Conduct testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and backup systems.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with Windows Server 2003 - 2016
- Advanced Experience of working with Active Directory DS including Group policy, DNS
- Office 365 and Exchange hybrid Environment
- Infrastructure Automation and configuration management
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment
- Experience of working with highly available infrastructure
- Experience of scripting PowerShell (Azure ARM, Terraform, JSON desirable)
- Degree level education in a computing related subject
- 5+ years IT Infrastructure experience in an IT environment
- IT Industry qualifications an advantage
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.