This role would ideally suit someone with a strong commercial/finance background, looking to utilise their skillset in a new and exciting role to help Dixons Carphone achieve it's Corporate Social Responsibility Vision.
The Responsible Sourcing Co-ordinator will support Group Responsible Sourcing and OEM Standards Manager working with the wider Dixons Carphone teams to risk asses our suppliers and prospective suppliers, considering both local and international legislation and Dixons Carphone’s own requirements such as the Modern Slavery Act, ethical sourcing, packaging, chemicals, energy and waste.
Support the Ethical and Inspections Manger in scheduling pre-shipment inspections; enabling products to be shipped on time by tracking, forecasting & allocating costs.
Keep abreast of activities of NGOs and peers regarding Responsible Sourcing to ensure our actions are appropriate and be seen as an authoritative voice by becoming expert and working closely with key teams to provide support.
- Support the Group Responsible Sourcing and OEM Standards Manager in embedding policies and procedures with the relevant teams group wide.
- Produce process documentation/training to aide compliance to new policies; consulting with the wider team, ensuring the processes are fit for purpose.
- Be seen as a critical friend and the face of Responsible Sourcing within key teams such as commercial, GNFR and finance here in the UK, the Nordics and Greece
- Assist the Ethical and Inspections Manager in the scheduling of 1800 quality inspections per annum. Ensure timely presentation of invoicing and examine before approval, ensuring inspection costs remain within budget and commensurate with maintaining product quality.
- Manage smaller and less complex projects to support the Group Responsible Sourcing and OEM Standards Manager and aid in personal development, understanding of project structure and develop internal/external relationships
- Work closely with Commercial Buying, Sourcing and Legal teams to ensure our policies and procedures provide adherence to all necessary standards.
You will need:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to influence and challenge others.
- Project coordination experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power-point.
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.