Career Opportunities: Assistant Category Manager (Broadband & TV) (17967)
Vacancy Reference Number 17967 - Posted 03/04/2019 - United Kingdom - Commercial
The Multiplay Assistant Category Manager supports with proposition development, retail execution and delivery of trading margin of the Multiplay (Broadband & TV) category across Currys PC World and Carphone Warehouse stores.
This position would ideally suit a recent graduate looking to start their career within a commercial environment.
- Execute the category plan for Multiplay to achieve our weekly targets
- Execute weekly trading rhythms including analysis of sales and margin data to deliver the best range & proposition for our consumers whilst delivering profit objectives
- Build a clear and visible proposition and promotional roadmap encompassing store and online executions and marketing initiatives
- Own the week by week trading forecast in the weekly review sessions
- Support with collation and production of reports and additional data analysis as necessary
- Own the briefing and sign off process for all marketing and retail communication materials
- Support the category efforts to maximise channel profit generation through new innovative initiatives and developing the customer funnel to ensure maximum connections and optimal CGM.
You will need:
- Advanced ability to grasp detail quickly to identify what’s important, but also to put it into the big picture strategy – to understand what actions are going to make a positive difference to performance
- Sharp commercial acumen – advanced skills at spotting opportunities, and following them through from negotiation to delivery
- To be Proficient in MS applications (particularly excel) and Business Objects
- To be Educated to degree level, a strong financial understanding is crucial
- Retail trading experience
- An understanding of Currys PC World trading rhythms and the Broadband or Telecoms market is a distinct advantage
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.