IT Infrastructure Project Manager
Dixons Carphone are going through an unprecedented period of change and transformation, with IT taking centre stage. We are now looking for an Infrastructure Project Manager to manage several infrastructure projects within the overall infrastructure and wider business project portfolio.
There has never been a more exciting time to join Dixons Carphone, so if you are an ambitious Infrastructure Project Manager looking for your next challenge, please read on!
What will you do?
- Define, document and execute infrastructure projects and / or the infrastructure of a wider business project.
- (DCG) Be assigned to a specific area of the business portfolio (Infrastructure & Ops) you will be responsible to own and deliver all infrastructure for that programme/portfolio. Collaborating with the programme managers to understand the short and long term plans and feed the requirements into the overall pipeline.
- Ensure the successful delivery of the infrastructure (part of this delivery is done by IBM and managed by IBM).
- Work closely with the IBM project managers and infrastructure teams to deliver overcoming any challenges.
- Document a clear plan of delivery that covers all activity, and carefully tracks progress.
- Identify assess and manage all risk to the delivery of the project
- Identify, and manage the resolution of all issues to the delivery of the project
- Pro-actively manage communications with all stakeholders.
- Manage the infrastructure project budget ensuring the correct controls are in place and our partners are paid in a timely manner
- (DCG) Document any increments/decrease in infrastructure to ensure all new infrastructure is tracked appropriately
- Follow all the divisional PMO disciplines
What are we looking for from you?
- Infrastructure knowledge (experience of working with datacentre, virtualisation, server, storage & databases & network teams/ providers)
- Cloud / DevOps infrastructure delivery experience
- Active Directory (AD) knowledge
- 5+ years' experience as an Infrastructure Project Manager
- Strong planning, budget management and project management skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Programme and Project Management across internal and external stakeholder groups
- Advanced Microsoft office skills.
A Few More Reasons To Join Us
- An opportunity to help transform a FTSE 250 business
- Competitive salary package including yearly bonus
- Free gym on-site
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.