Career Opportunities: Senior Product Manager (17520)
Vacancy Reference Number 17520 - Posted 04/17/2019 - United Kingdom - Commercial
Senior Product Manager
The Dixons Carphone eCommerce department are passionate about helping customers find the best broadband & TV package. As a Scaled Agile leader, the Senior Product Manager collaborates closely with key stakeholders across the organisation, including senior executives, to ensure the vision for their product is met to the satisfaction of both the business and the customer. The successful candidate will translate ideas into strategy and features and follow product development from start to finish. We’re looking for an experienced, perceptive and creative leader and a reliable problem-solver to join the Product & User Experience team of the UK’s leading specialist mixed electrical and mobile retailer, based in the company’s headquarters in London. The Senior Product Manager will play a key role in driving a customer first approach, creating best-in-class experiences across all customer touchpoints in a cross-functional, Agile team.
- Collaborates with delivery teams, business stakeholders to manage the product vision and maintain a clear product roadmap
- Undertakes constant analysis of product performance and customer feedback to ensure the product continues to meet both business and customer expectations.
- Utilises data from the market and customers alike to not only drive product improvements but also drive innovation around emerging business and market needs (creating market-leading capabilities and world class experiences)
- Engages both customers and stakeholders throughout the product development cycle using various feedback channels like user group meetings, product demos, customer evaluations, surveys etc.
- Champions a digital first culture across Dixons Carphone, applying Agile principles to capture product requirements, prioritise work by value and maximise ROI
- Works collaboratively with other Product Owners/Managers to ensure all products can play the appropriate role in delivering the overall business strategy.
- Drives the company vision by working with the scrum team to ensure the work being prioritised and executed delivers on that vision.
- Owns product backlog and is responsible for building, editing, and managing it in collaboration with the scrum team and business and IT stakeholders.
- Partners with business analysts and subject matter experts to elicit, capture, analyse, and refine needs for assigned features through user story writing and uses stories to build shared understanding and clarification of the need.
- Defines goals and inspires the team to meet commitments by connecting these goals to the broader program vision and the value of the work.
- Drives the definition of ready and done in collaboration with team and Scrum Master. Accepts user stories.
- Attends and engages in all applicable team and program-level ceremonies. May lead the planning and execution of select ceremonies as assigned.
- Represents the voice of the customer to the team, maintaining a working knowledge of relevant personas, customer journeys, as well as emerging customer needs and opportunities.
- Able to lead multiple scrum teams if needed.
- Line management and mentoring of a small team of product managers and junior product managers.
- Chair product steering groups where appropriate
- Inputs into the long term strategy for eCommerce through creative recommendations to expand product base and vision