This is a great opportunity for a current Assistant Merchandiser or an experienced Merchandise Assistant, who is ready for their next challenge. Are you passionate about developing a career within the Market Leading Retailer for White Goods? Do have a keen eye for detail and a passion for improving the availability of product for our Customers?
From Small Domestic Appliances to top-end Built in Cookware and Refrigeration, White Goods is a key category for Currys PC World, representing a large proportion of their turnover and investment. We work with all major international White Goods brands to present the best ranges, prices and promotions in all of our stores.
The Merchandise Planner will support the Merchandiser in delivering the budget plan and strategy, demonstrating creativity and a strong understanding of our colleagues and customers to deliver World Class availability and Stock Turn. They will work closely with major suppliers and different functions across the business. This market continues to change shape at pace, so the role will offer the candidate an opportunity to demonstrate speed of thought and dynamism in addressing the ever moving needs of our customers and Supply Chain.
- Monitor weekly performance and make recommendations for activity to ensure a successful in-season execution and deliver the target availability across the store estate
- Build close relationships with supplier counterparts to ensure a continuity of supply and to minimise failed deliveries through effective management and progress chasing
- Assist the category team with store feedback issues regarding stock and availability
- Have an awareness of exit and aged stocks and manage in line with the company policy and update the team with the relevant information
- Comply with standard Commercial processes in accordance with critical paths and business rules; using the systems and tools confidently
You will need:
- Previous Retail Merchandising experience
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills to review data and provide recommendations/actions / plans to drive sales, profit and cash
- A degree in a Mathematical/analytical discipline
- To be a highly motivated team player with strong relationship building skills
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.