Are you an analytical thinker armed with lots of energy and character? Do you thrive under pressure and have the confidence to communicate at all levels? As a Merchandise Planner you get the chance to be part of the bigger picture and receive unrivalled career development. Our Merchandise Planners support with the stock allocation, working with a number of functions such as Distribution, Space Planning, Forecasting Team and the Buying Team to deliver on key KPIs.
You will ensure that the right stock gets to our customers at the right time, always applying your analysis to put the customer first. If you are passionate about Retail and Merchandising and ready to take on a challenge then you will fit in well at Dixons Carphone.
- Monitor weekly performance and make recommendations for activity to ensure a successful in-season execution and deliver the target availability across the store estate
- Build close relationships with supplier counterparts to ensure a continuity of supply and to minimise failed deliveries through effective management and progress chasing
- Assist the category team with store feedback issues regarding stock and availability
- Have an awareness of exit and aged stocks and manage in line with the company policy and update the team with the relevant information
- Comply with standard Commercial processes in accordance with critical paths and business rules; using the systems and tools confidently
You will need:
- Previous Retail Merchandising experience
- Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills to review data and provide recommendations/actions / plans to drive sales, profit and cash
- A degree in a Mathematical/analytical discipline
- To be a highly motivated team player with strong relationship building skills
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.