Career Opportunities: Project Manager (17410)
Vacancy Reference Number 17410 - Posted 04/02/2019 - United Kingdom - Change and Transformation
To successfully manage and deliver small, medium or large sized ecommerce and multi-channel projects. From identifying a need for change through to delivering the project, as part of the wider eCommerce portfolio, and embedding the change into the business. The role will also be involved in helping define the Currys PC World eCommerce strategy and 1 – 3 year plan.
- Management and successful execution of large, high-profile ecommerce and multichannel projects that require co-ordinating with 3rd Party Clients and multiple business units.
- Establish and sustain an effective governance framework to ensure the appropriate level of oversight and control is in place across their project.
- Co-ordinate the definition and delivery of detailed business requirements
- Builds and manages one or more large project teams
- Provides very strong leadership to the project team and actively represents the project team to stakeholders. Monitoring the deployment of individuals to ensure that they are contributing effectively from an outcome based perspective.
- Ensures strong and effective working relationships are established with Clients, 3rd Parties, and internal stakeholders, and are sustained throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Provides a strong role model for delivering high quality change within the business, through the application of ‘best in class’ project, programme and change management
- Ensures that realistic and accurate estimates of costs, timescales and resource requirements are agreed and proactively manage any deviations through to project closure.
- Managing and tracking project costs, with a total budget of up to £3m.
- Responsible for all financial reporting required to track the project benefits.
- Play an active role in continuously improving the engagement and performance of the eCommerce Strategy and Planning team
Key skills & experience required
- Expert knowledge of relevant project management methodologies, development life cycles e.g. Waterfall, Agile and Continuous Improvement.
- Financial forecasting and budget management.
- Good knowledge of programme and project organisation structures and the ability to build teams who are set up for success.
- Good knowledge of resource and service management tools and techniques when working with multiple third parties.
- Experience of delivering Technology Projects in eCommerce, Retail and/or Telecoms.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Excellent networking skills (across multiple functions, business units, external stakeholders) and positively resolve conflicts.
- Preferably educated to degree level.
- Project Management Qualification (APM, PRINCE2 or similar)
- Experience of performing a similar role within a major FTSE 100 organisation or comparable organisation
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.