Career Opportunities: Technology Specialist (17401)
Vacancy Reference Number 17401 - Posted 11/21/2018 - United Kingdom - Property and Store Formats
[[London - North Acton]]
The Technology Specialist will be responsible for leading the scope and build of the customer facing and back office technology solutions across in-store, mobile and web channels. They should be hands on and accountable in creating prototype solutions through research and development prior to being implemented across all stores and commercial projects. They will also be responsible for creating and managing SOWs, reviewing Request for Proposals and project plans to brief suppliers from inception to implementation. The individual will also be responsible for maintaining the Business as Usual process once the project has been implemented.
- Demonstrate the skills to find emerging technologies that can help to drive the technology strategy as well as influence our overall strategy
- Manage key stakeholders in creating customer focused retail technology solutions that are cutting edge and market leading to drive customer engagement
- Accountable for the technical design documentation and supporting documentation for rollout
- Manage technology suppliers from placing orders to fulfilment for projects, tracking costs and delivery
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of key technologies within the retail sector
- Provide assistance to the wider business where required providing technical input to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Accountable for the technical design and supporting documentation for rollout as well as maintain technologies standards
- Excellent knowledge of retail focused technology innovation and delivering them through a project lifecycle
- Ability to analyse problems and troubleshoot to deliver a working solution.
- Excellent understanding of technology trends focused on Omni-channel experience
- Experience in new store design and delivery practices
- A good understanding of AI and Software / App development
- Aware of Analogue and Digital switching and comparator systems
- Capable of working to tight deadlines within budget
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Electronic Engineering or Computer Science Education
- Prince 2 / Agile Certified
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland. Every day, we use our people’s expertise to reach out and help new customers. What’s more - we’re exploring extraordinary new markets, from wellness to security, so that in an ever more connected and constantly changing world, we can offer our customers the most comprehensive service.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.