Career Opportunities: Technical Architect (17226)
Vacancy Reference Number 17226 - Posted 12/14/2018 - United Kingdom - IT
Dixons Carphone are seeking a Technical Architect to work within our Multi-Play division. Alongside your fellow TA you’ll act as the technical authority for the Multi-play platform and its various products such as deal comparison apps, Instore and E-Commerce web apps, and much more. You’ll provide guidance and direction to our very capable technical leads and work closely with them to find the best solutions for our business.
The position will be based in our West London Head Office (North Acton) with a free gym onsite. We can also offer flexible working, on top of a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
- We’re not tied to one technology – we use Vue.js, NodeJS, MongoDB, .Net Core, Elasticsearch, AWS Lambda & more…
- We firmly believe in IaaS and PaaS so heavily utilise the AWS ecosystem
- We also follow IaC principles using Terraform through and through
- IOS & Android app development with training for those new to it
- Mobile first is core to all our website development
- Scaling our Apps is essential for Black Friday, Christmas, Boxing day…
Our Ways of Working:
- We evangelise Agile development practices
- Everyone is a full stack software developer
- Global Hackathons run throughout the year
- Lunch & Learn session run monthly
- We promote flexible working and hands-off management.
- We regularly get together to celebrate our success
- Work with multiple Product Scrum Teams and Tech Leads whilst taking ownership for the wider platform’s development
- Collaborate with the Tech Leads and lead decisions on how to evolve each product.
- Advocate best-breed practices including TDD, code reviews, CI & CD.
- Work closely with fellow Architects on common solutions
- Work with Product and Delivery and Development Management to help shape the development of the platform and working practices.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand and inform business needs.
- Drive efforts to solve impediments to platform and project delivery
- Drive the platform development with a focus on scalability, maintainability, evolvability and security.
- Guide the team’s usage of tooling to ensure it’s appropriate
What we want from you:
- A great communicator – as comfortable speaking in deep technical detail with engineers and architects as you are speaking in commercial terms with business colleagues or presenting solution options to senior management.
- An advocate for maximising the business value from technology whilst ensuring NFR’s can be met with a long-term mindset.
- Technically strong across a broad range of languages, services and toolsets – and a self-starter when your knowledge needs expanding.
- As happy to get stuck in and write code or fix problems when the need is there, as you are to lead on high level supplier analysis, procurement and integration.
- Strong platform development experience
- Understanding of DevOps and how it fits into a team
- Experienced in driving Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
Dixons Carphone is Europe’s number one electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company, with more than 40,000 colleagues across nine countries, including the UK and Ireland.
It’s an exciting time to join us and find yourself a place in our growing success story, apply now.